Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gosafe speed vans .

• 14-12-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all sorry if this is wrong forum but my boyfriend says he going to start parking his lorry on front of gosafe speed vans when they in stupid locations and just there to collect revenue can he be prosecuted for this .Thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Would he not be better off driving the lorry and trying to gather revenue for himself?. What's he going to gain?:confused:
    Anyway if he does go ahead with this he would need to park behind the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sexydemon

Would he not be better off driving the lorry and trying to gather revenue for himself?. What's he going to gain?:confused:
    Anyway if he does go ahead with this he would need to park behind the van.

Because he feels he be doing the nation a favour because a lot of these van are just parked in locations to make money nothing else And yes my mistake I ment behind the vans .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

Unless there is an actual regulatory reason for not stopping at that location then I have to assume that there would be no issue. :D

Great idea by the way!

REXER wrote: »
    Unless there is an actual regulatory reason for not stopping at that location then I have to assume that there would be no issue. :D

Great idea by the way!
    Thanks for the positive reply if all lorry or van drivers did like wise and have their teabreak at these points he say it would eventually move them from these very unjust locations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭JC01

So long as he's not illegally parked hed probably be fine but I can't see this thread going down well here :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I wish someone had done that on the N11 at Kilmacanogue on Friday afternoon, when I was (presumably) caught doing 140. :(

RayM wrote: »
    I wish someone had done that on the N11 at Kilmacanogue on Friday afternoon, when I was (presumably) caught doing 140. :(
    Well let's get supporting these guys so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

sexydemon wrote: »
    Who? The people going 20-60 over the limit, or the speed cam vans?

Ah, I deserved to be caught (although I'm still hoping I braked in time). It's the people who get caught going slightly over the limit who I feel sorry for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Just don't speed and then they have no revenue to collect?
    They have a list online of locations and permanent signs before the vans and still people get caught! I don't have any sympathy for people caught by these vans.

• Advertisement

Yes I hope so we don't condone speeding but it's so unfair being done for 45kmh in a 40kmh zone in a ghost town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

40 km/h zone? where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

RayM wrote: »

Over twice the limit?

how is 140 km/h over twice the limit ? I assume no-one would admit to doing that in a 60 km/h limited town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

corktina wrote: »
    how is 140 km/h over twice the limit ? I assume no-one would admit to doing that in a 60 km/h limited town

There's about a 200 yard stretch between the two filling stations where the limit drops to 60. People don't like it, but it makes sense if you put yourself in the position of a driver coming off a forecourt and merging into traffic doing 100+.

That said, 80 would probably make more sense...

endacl wrote: »
    Over twice the limit?

No, it was just after Kilmacanogue, northbound, after the limit has increased from 80 to 100 km/h. Still 40% over the limit though, so I deserved to be caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yes I hope so we don't condone speeding but it's so unfair being done for 45kmh in a 40kmh zone in a ghost town.
    Ah here, I smell porkies. Show us where there's a 40kmph sign?

What you mean porkies it was just a reference same as 55 in a 50 zone .

endacl wrote: »
    There's about a 200 yard stretch between the two filling stations where the limit drops to 60. People don't like it, but it makes sense if you put yourself in the position of a driver coming off a forecourt and merging into traffic doing 100+.

That said, 80 would probably make more sense...

Yes but is it a Gosafe location?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Hi all sorry if this is wrong forum but my boyfriend says he going to start parking his lorry on front of gosafe speed vans when they in stupid locations and just there to collect revenue can he be prosecuted for this .Thanks .

I hate this revenue collecting van crap about these vans. First of all they can only park where it is safe to do so yes some are stupid. Should start parking in some motorways I think. BUT HERE IS A QUICK AND EASY WAY TO STOP THEM FROM GENERATING THAT REVENUE OBAY THE SPEED LIMITS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Because he feels he be doing the nation a favour because a lot of these van are just parked in locations to make money nothing else And yes my mistake I ment behind the vans .

Gosafe are paid for enforcement hours, so it's no skin off their nose, they get paid the same anyway.
    Our national debt is heading for 200 Billion, the government might miss out on a couple of grand of revenue from your boyfriends stunt, I can't see the Dail calling an emergency meeting over this either.
    But congratulations on going out with a national hero.:D

What you mean porkies it was just a reference same as 55 in a 50 zone .

gosafe vans do not, as far as I know ,operate in towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Saw one on the dock road in limerick today and it caught the one in front of me I say. Seen it there at lease 3 times in the last month. Also Lissycasey in Clare is a place they always go

Well call them what you like small villages in the country with maybe a shop and a church and yes the speed vans be there Termon on the n56 in donegal for example .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

just don't burn them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭TheShow

They do indeed, regularly in Blessington parked beside the Topaz garage.

Advertisement