Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Talos Principle

Options
  • 14-12-2014 3:16pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is anybody playing The Talos Principle?
    The Talos Principle is a philosophical first-person puzzle game from Croteam, the creators of the legendary Serious Sam series, written by Tom Jubert (FTL, The Swapper) and Jonas Kyratzes (The Sea Will Claim Everything). .

It popped up on steam today competely under then radar. Its a first person puzzler in the vein of Portal and Antichamber but with religious overtones and sci-fi elements not unlike I, Robot.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. Also there's a demo of sorts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's getting fantastic reviews, but €36 is a bit rich a few weeks before Christmas.

I've wishlisted it, so hopefully it'll drop a bit more in next week's sale. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Supposedly it's quite large, but you're right, it's a lot to ask for what's usually a shorter type of game. There's the demo at least for now and the inevitable sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

Looks very interesting alright.

Gameplay footage here;

Did anyone else think of The Elder Scrolls Universe when they saw "Talos"... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Played the demo and its very good. I like that you are left to figure out everything for yourself, there are no pop ups explaining how things work so its a real sense of exploration. Hopefully there will be a nice discount for Christmas sale and I can pick it up.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Jet Black wrote: »
    Played the demo and its very good. I like that you are left to figure out everything for yourself, there are no pop ups explaining how things work so its a real sense of exploration. Hopefully there will be a nice discount for Christmas sale and I can pick it up.

The game only launched this week with a 10% discount so it's unlikely we'll see a discount again until maybe the summer sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

50% off at the moment (€19.99). Worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Mr E wrote: »

Yeah, its a really good game. One of the best I played in 2014.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Mr E wrote: »

Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

It's awesome game, especially if you are into Portal. But 40 euro is too expensive for a game with only 3-4 environment themes, where all the missions take place, and no multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭corkie

Now available for Android Nvidia Hardware (Nexus 9/ Shield) is "The Talos Principle" she the Nexus 9 Thread for more details!

• Advertisement
Advertisement