Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David De Gea - Best in the World?

Comments

DeGea is definitely going to be one of the best if not the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

In fairness how can commenting on Xavi, Messi, Iniesta and Neymar be considered "hype"?

They are world class.

4 words.

Saying there are unreal players does not take 5000 words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

In fairness how can commenting on Xavi, Messi, Iniesta and Neymar be considered "hype"?

Because more than those players play for Barca, recent example being his hype about Marc Bartra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

When Hart has a game as good as De Gea let us know, kthnx.

Game against Roma last week is just a recent example, urwelkum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Ah heyor, you're surely self-aware enough to know that your posts are the definition of hype?

I'm entirely unaware of that.

They are world class.

4 words.

Now who's exaggerating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

if this sort of form continues, surely RM will come knocking ??

You can not be one for criticising hype, the essay size replies that read like they were written by a hack using the thesaurus function on every word he could, throw a few adjectives at me sure.

Now that I think about it, a thesaurus would save me a lot of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The thing is Hart is expected to be world class every game. Sure he makes mistakes every now and again, as does De Gea and nearly every keeper in the world. But when Hart plays great it isn't blown out of proportion because he's a keeper for a world class team...it's appreciated but it's expected. Maybe the De Gea/United situation is different.

Just incase this post is inferring it, Joe Hart is not world class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'm entirely unaware of that.

You aren't unaware of it but I guess people lie on the internet all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

They are world class.

4 words.

Waxing lyrical is an art though and its enjoyable to read for me anyways.

Now who's exaggerating

Hyperbole isn't meant to be taken literally.

syngindub wrote: »

Yeah for Lloris

Hyperbole isn't meant to be taken literally.

Same with everything else on the internet really?

That's the big worry, or maybe even Barca. I think United will get one more contract out him though, especially if they get CL this year.

• Advertisement

You aren't unaware of it but I guess people lie on the internet all the time.

This thread being a prime example?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Just incase this post is inferring it, Joe Hart is not world class.

Then neither is De Gea. Personally I'd consider both world class

That's the big worry, or maybe even Barca. I think United will get one more contract out him though, especially if they get CL this year.

No. In Claudio Bravo and Anders Ter Stegen, Barcelona are doing fine.

Same with everything else on the internet really?

Jesus this is painful, goodbye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You're right, a great 3 seasons for De Gea puts him on the same level as Hart who's had an admittedly stellar 6 months.

• Advertisement

Now who's exaggerating

There is a difference between for effect and habit.

De Gea is a better goalkeeper than Joe Hart. Maybe it's your City bias I don't know, but they are not similar. De Gea is up there with Neuer and Courtois.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The thing is Hart is expected to be world class every game. Sure he makes mistakes every now and again, as does De Gea and nearly every keeper in the world. But when Hart plays great it isn't blown out of proportion because he's a keeper for a world class team...it's appreciated but it's expected. Maybe the De Gea/United situation is different.

He has calmed down on them the last year or so, but Hart was making more mistakes, more horrendous mistakes, than DDG was in his first year for a long while before it was getting much of any attention. It took DDG over two years of fantastic play for people to finally begin to shut up about his poor start, yet with Joe Hart it was swept away within a few short months like a bad memory.

#Englandsno1

No. In Claudio Bravo and Anders Ter Stegen, Barcelona are doing fine.

Unless they sign DDG. Then he'll become the goal keeping phenom with cat-like reflexes reminiscent of a prime Lev Yashin, the supreme ruler of North Korea and the crusher of Real Madrid fans' hopes and dreams.

Amidoinitright?

De Gea is a better goalkeeper than Joe Hart. Maybe it's your City bias I don't know, but they are not similar. De Gea is up there with Neuer and Courtois.

At the moment, perhaps he is but I'd have Hart at City any day of the week before De Gea. It's only Courtois and Neuer and perhaps Cech I'd be happy to see replace him.

Would you consider them the same level? Hart just feels so close to a mistake the whole time.

Unless they sign DDG. Then he'll become the goal keeping phenom with cat-like reflexes reminiscent of a prime Lev Yashin, the supreme ruler of North Korea and the crusher of Real Madrid fans' hopes and dreams.

Amidoinitright?

No, in Claudio Bravo they have one of the top 5 goalkeepers on the planet and someone who form I consider better than De Gea's and in Ter Stegen they have an outstanding young keeper whose footwork could, as suggested on commentary during the game against PSG, revolutionize goalkeeping, the young German is a prodigy.

Would you consider them the same level? Hart just feels so close to a mistake the whole time.

Around the same level but I still prefer Hart 100%. Sure he can be dodgy but he can make saves that nobody else in the world can at times. De Gea is on a nice run of form now but he's prone to errors from time to time too.

Around the same level but I still prefer Hart 100%. Sure he can be dodgy but he can make saves that nobody else in the world can at times. De Gea is on a nice run of form now but he's prone to errors from time to time too.

I don't think there is a type of save in the world that DDG can't make - while I said I prefer Courtouis and Neuer by a bit as keepers, there isn't a better shot stopper in the world than DDG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Form or not, I'd be surprised if they didn't. They're going to need a long term successor to Casillas soon.

• Advertisement

I genuinely can't remember De Gea's last obvious error.

Hart's a good keeper and all, I just don't think he's been on DDG's level for the last 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Laughable stuff, Hart ain't got a patch on De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hart got a lot of media protection as hes English.

De gea is better and younger, IMO and id know who id prefer.

Hart talks a lot and manages the back line but hes made some poor judgements, hes not a bad keeper, far from it but hes not up with de gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I genuinely can't remember De Gea's last obvious error.

Hart's a good keeper and all, I just don't think he's been on DDG's level for the last 2 years.

De Gea wasn't great at the start of the season tbh but the whole team could be criticised of that tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lets talk Premier league level first and forget the rest of the world.

Frasier Forster is every bit as good as David De Gea.

Well it's clear there is bias involved from both parties so I'll leave it at that. Whatever De Gea has still left in more goals this season than Hart

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hart got a lot of media protection as hes English.

De gea is better and younger, IMO and id know who id prefer.

Hart talks a lot and manages the back line but hes made some poor judgements, hes not a bad keeper, far from it but hes not up with de gea.

From a communication standpoint Hart is one of the best top level keepers around.

Whatever De Gea has still left in more goals this season than Hart

Awwwh man, you're having an absolute shocker here.

Well it's clear there is bias involved from both parties so I'll leave it at that. Whatever De Gea has still left in more goals this season than Hart

That's true but is has to be mitigated with wingers playing in the fb slots and a new defensive system for a lot of matches :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

The /thread function seems to be broken, lads. Get on to site development.

eagle eye wrote: »

No, just no.

Didn't he get nutsed for both goals on Monday? If that were DDG we would be hearing about that until May.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Looks like Saints fans are not convinced yet.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?52569-Fraser-Forster#.VI3CQtKUd0Y

No he isn't.

I've nothing else to say other than that.

That's true but is has to be mitigated with wingers playing in the fb slots and a new defensive system for a lot of matches :(

Nah quit making excuses, Paddy McNair, Antonio Valencia and Ashley Young are every bit as good as Kompany, Mangala and Zabaleta... and you know it!

Awwwh man, you're having an absolute shocker here.

But if De Gea is really the best shot stopper in the league and the world then he should be saving every shot right thus preventing those goals? One major criticism I have of De Gea is he doesn't punch the ball near enough.

• Advertisement

But if De Gea is really the best shot stopper in the league and the world then he should be saving every shot right thus preventing those goals? One major criticism I have of De Gea is he doesn't punch the ball near enough.

Just when you think it can't get any worse :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

That logic.. :eek:

Gk's who punch balls shouldn't be in the modern game!
    #saynotoracism&punchingballs

So the best shot stopper in the world cant concede a goal... hmmm

Is this the hype (actually exaggeration btw) that you pulled me up on?

Of course if you are the kind of guy who is being honest then fair play, but that would mean that you dont see defenders as contributing to the defensive effort. Am I missing a scenario where you arent being disingenuous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,564 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yo David, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Neuer is one of the best keepers of all time

• Advertisement
Advertisement