Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to rent for 5-8 wks only in Drogheda

Options
  • 14-12-2014 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Myself & my other half are having builders in to do renovations on our house starting next month and as we have two young children we need to rent a house for 5 to 8 weeks. I rang two local letting agents but they said we' ve no hope of getting anything for such a short time. Any suggestions?? Anyone know where we'd find someone with a house who'd be happy to rent for that length of time??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LOU76

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at daft. We actually saw that house but they weren't up for us having our kids there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I just stuck it up as a very quick example. My point was that there ARE houses out there.

Agreed, though; most of them on Daft do say "Minimum one year" on the ads.

However, if you were offering a house to rent, which would you prefer:
    A) wait for an indeterminate length of time to possibly fill the house for a year from, I dunno, next April onwards, getting no rent, or
    B) get someone in for a couple of months while you wait for April. At least they'd get a few bob in?

Is the rental market really so busy that B isn't preferably to A?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

You might have better luck trying to rent a holiday home for a short time let, you might get a deal during the off peak winter months. There is only one holiday home listed on daft for Drogheda, maybe try air b & b and other holiday letting sites.

I know of 2 different familys who are moving back to Ireland and they are finding it very difficult to find a house to rent, apparently there are approx 12 familys looking for every house that comes up for rent, or so the agents are telling them

Advertisement