Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

98fm Hotmix

• 14-12-2014 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

What is the story with the pitch on it lately?

Heard Mighty Dub Kats and Mirror Ball on it yesterday pitched up so much that it was like listening to the pirates again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Captian Swashbuckle

Are they pitching all of their music now a la FM 104? Heard some Maroon 5 song during the week and thought it sounded very pitched up.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭TheLonelyOne

Are they pitching all of their music now a la FM 104? Heard some Maroon 5 song during the week and thought it sounded very pitched up.

Much worse, more a la unce unce unce pirate radio station style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

well it is a "mix" is it not? so it stands to reason that songs may be pitched up to match

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It's beatmatched so yes pitched to blend from one song to the next.
    The whole thing sounds pre-recorded anyway, possibly bought in from a third party which means 98fm have no control over the mix (or it's pitch) at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Is the Hotmix DJ the same person that iradio uses, the Caribbean sounding guy? If so why would a station which brands itself a Dublin station not at least use an Irish DJ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

reg114 wrote: »
    Is the Hotmix DJ the same person that iradio uses, the Caribbean sounding guy?

i believe so. as far as i know, he just talks over a pre-recorded mix, but i couldn't be sure.
    reg114 wrote: »
    If so why would a station which brands itself a Dublin station not at least use an Irish DJ?

i don't know. maybe they can't get anyone to fit the format of the program?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

The mix is made in house by one of their staff, I know him and he was explaining that they send out the links to Ezeke who records them, sends them back then just drop them in the playlist and hit play.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭TheLonelyOne

Always thought it was syndicated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭badgersbelief

I know the Hotmix is with Andy Clarke now, does anyone know if it's still syndicated? Some of the shout outs sound made up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Steve King

I know the Hotmix is with Andy Clarke now, does anyone know if it's still syndicated? Some of the shout outs sound made up.

To be fair, I would guess that 70% (if not more) of requests on any radio show are made up. The show is finally back to it's great days when Lar Wright used to mix it - the music, mixing and presentation are all very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

This is syndicated and sponsored by corona. Presented by Ezeke who has amazing energy and fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Steve King

LeakyGee wrote: »
    This is syndicated and sponsored by corona. Presented by Ezeke who has amazing energy and fun.

Ezeke isnt on 98 anymore as far as Im aware. i think he might be on one or two of the regional stations with the Corona mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

Luke o Faolain from beat 102

has took over the hotmix from last Saturday it was live

I wonder if 98FM will bring back Cooper's Club Collection at some stage in the future seeing that Cooper is presenting throwback anthems before the Hot Mix now... I know CCC is still on iRadio, maybe 98FM would have to wait until that contract is up to bring it back?

I wonder if 98FM will bring back Cooper's Club Collection at some stage in the future seeing that Cooper is presenting throwback anthems before the Hot Mix now... I know CCC is still on iRadio, maybe 98FM would have to wait until that contract is up to bring it back?

Club Collection is back on 98FM from 12-2 Saturday nights!

Advertisement