Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exploded Limb (pics) - This doesn't seem right

• 14-12-2014 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Bow is only a 7 months old and gets use (if even) every other weekend - few hundred shots put though it. Its only 18lb and the owner only has a 23' draw - its always been taken down when not in use.

Had been re-waxing the strings yesterday intending to go out with it today and left it on the table strung. Turned on the TV, after about an hour we heard first a weird creak ... thought it was from upstairs, and then BANG!

Complete catastrophic failure of the upper limb! :mad:

It looks as though the fiberglass itself has torn through, and looks nothing like any regular breakages I've seen (even at full draw).

Really glad it didn't happen in use.

15989908086_1dd55266f9.jpg
    15393422234_e21e402ae7.jpg
    16013724151_829a1b11dd.jpg
    15829933597_abef72837d.jpg
    15989908086_1dd55266f9.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Contact the place you purchased it from.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I'll be bringing it into them sometime during the week if the traffic isn't too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Brought it in and they sorted me out with replacements for both the upper and lower right away, just in case it was a bad batch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

was.deevey wrote: »
    Brought it in and they sorted me out with replacements for both the upper and lower right away, just in case it was a bad batch.

Good result and it's nice to know there's good back up available.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Advertisement