Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2014

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Martin567 wrote: »
    ...Taking a step back, I would say that it is ultimately not really a serious award at all. Looking at the recent roll of honour, Zara Phillips & Ryan Giggs were also ridiculous winners. Giggs would have merited a lifetime achievement award due to his longevity but certainly nothing beyond that. It is ultimately a popularity award rather than anything based on a comparison of relative merit and achievements in that year.

That's why it's called the Sports PersonALITY of the Year!

On the other hand, RTÉ's version is called the Sports Person of the Year.

Although I ruffled a few feathers on this forum 2 years ago when I pointed this out (See Here).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Although I ruffled a few feathers on this forum 2 years ago when I pointed this out (See Here).

At least she plays a sport!

SPOTY is a joke. So many non sports, so many nonentities.

Advertisement