Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather forecast for Astronomy

Options
  • 14-12-2014 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I got my very first telescope this week, and every single night since I assembled it has been overcast!

I find it frustrating there arent much resources to predict what the cloud cover is going to be like for the next day. I find myself having to look at the met eireann IR satellite pics and trying to judge myself.

Most forecasts seem to leave it out unless its for the day time.

So what resources do you use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

I use an app called Astro Panel. I got it from the play store. It's free. Give it a go, see what you think. Better than using Met Eireann that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hairybelly

ThunderCat wrote: »
    I use an app called Astro Panel. I got it from the play store. It's free. Give it a go, see what you think. Better than using Met Eireann that's for sure.

Thanks. I'm using a windows phone at the moment so cant use that but I might dig out the old android to give it a shot, looks good.

Doesnt seem like I'm going to get a clear night for the next week anyway.
    Resorted to looking a tree's in the distance this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

I use the TV3 weather app and an app from the Norwegian weather service yr.no.

Both are android.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

I have been using this site lately.

http://clearoutside.com/forecast/53.15/-6.08

Seems good so far.

Best Regards

dbran

Advertisement