Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avoiding sausage fests

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

lufties wrote: »
    Ive always been told im good looking but I aint tall so that seems to be a very important thing for women.

Being tall in itself isn't the be-all.

Just being 'taller' is key.

Women don't like leaning down to kiss a guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Stuck up bitches wanting to exercise in peace and not be bothered by some lecherous creep.

The audacity.

That's a bit harsh now !

While I agree maybe it's not the best place to try to meet women cos they are there for exercise or relaxing or whatever - to call him a lecherous creep ????

come on...

So I guess I'm was a lecherous creep too cos I met my wife in a bar and god forbid - approached her and spoke to her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I'm done with dating sites, speed dating is fun and I've got a few dates out of it. Otherwise I think dancing classes might be the way to go. Meeting women through friends too. I cant state enough how much of an impact shiftwork has.

Or try a sports club - like tennis or squash ?

or a language class - thats a good place too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Nope, Ice queens who can barely crack a smile.

Ah, my ideal woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Being tall in itself isn't the be-all.

Just being 'taller' is key.

Yea OP, go buy some heels...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

:D

Anyone know where to go where there are less men than women?

I think I'm done with pubs, went to a singles night last night and it was awful ****e. I don't have much luck on tinder, or dating websites. It seems i'm **** out of luck.

I do yoga but the women are mostly stuck up or don't want to be chatted up.

might try dancing classes :o

Join a convent?

Nothing wrong with having a high opinion of yourself in isolation, but if you're hoping to attract someone, your opinion of yourself doesn't matter, it's their opinion of you that matters, and if you don't want to acknowledge that fact, well, it's hardly surprising you're striking out all over the shop.

Seems to me you don't really know what you want tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Or take a beauty therapy course

Again, he said attractive women...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Gotta hand it to you, Lufties, your threads are nothing if not entertaining. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Depends on what they're kissing.

Seriously though, women make up just over 50% of the population. It's not like they can only be found in pubs, or dance classes. The reality is that a man will get the opportunity to meet a new woman a dozen or more times every day, it's just that he won't be bothered to take that opportunity because he's not in the safety zone of somewhere with alcohol. He doesn't even have to ask her out the moment he sees here; you can bump into someone you like several times over the course of a few weeks, build up a rapport and eventually ask them for a drink or (gods forbid) coffee.

This goes for women too, of course. The onus on men doing the 'hunting' basically went out the door the moment the contraceptive pill was invented, and a lot of women have copped onto this - but many others still haven't copped onto this and you'll see them starting similar threads to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

I must Admit It

I liked the OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Wow! OP asked a genuine question. Where can I go and hang out / do stuff where there would be more women than men?

I know AH isn't the best place to ask for advice, but seriously there was no need to attack him with baseless projected assumptions either.

marcbrophy wrote: »

I know AH isn't the best place to ask for advice, but seriously there was no need to attack him with baseless projected assumptions either.

Try reading his posts again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Wow! OP asked a genuine question. Where can I go and hang out / do stuff where there would be more women than men?

I know he clearly shouldn't have asked it in a forum thats user base is mainly males.
    OP I would recommend you try a mainly female userbase forum like the Ladies Lounge they will be delighted to give you any information you desire on how to improve your chances :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I know he clearly shouldn't have asked it in a forum thats user base is mainly males.
    OP I would recommend you try a mainly female userbase forum like the Ladies Lounge they will be delighted to give you any information you desire on how to improve your chances :)

Eh no, we wouldn't. Particularly since that remark that he doesn't give a damn about women on boards!!

OP your original post wasn't even that bad, but all your subsequent posts absolutely reek of a bad attitude and negativity towards women.

You might think you're acting the appropriate way towards women, but from what you've written, that's all it is... acting. Most of us can see right through it.

I could recommend some places that have more women than men, but I wouldn't want to run into the likes of you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

You know, women in yoga classes may just be there to do yoga, believe it or not. Just because they don't want to be chatted up it doesn't mean they are stuck. If you're lonely and want to hook up quickly you need Tinder -> Date / live music.. and you must dance..simple as. Resign yourself to the fact that she might not be into you and enjoy the date, otherwise you'll give off the whiff of desperation. Women smell that easily and it turns them off.

woodchuck wrote: »
    Eh no, we wouldn't. Particularly since that remark that he doesn't give a damn about women on boards!!

I think he's playing hard to get. Like really, really hard to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Eh no, we wouldn't.

I know I should have used ;) instead of :) because obviously sarcasm is much better when you have to explain it :(
    Particularly since that remark that he doesn't give a damn about women on boards!!

But he's just saying that to put forward an image that he's a handsome rebel that plays by nobody else's rules but his own, and we all know women love a bad boy so they can tame him ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I couldn't give a damn about the women on boards.
    And yet here you are asking our advice.

I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and make some suggestions, but since you don't give a damn about what I think I'm going to add my +1 to the 'obvious why you can't meet a woman' side.

Honestly, with your 'I'm very attractive and intelligent' blather you come across as someone actually attractive - 10 years ago, and you've now realised that looks fade and you're not having much luck attracting partners with your winning personality now the crows feet are showing up, the hair is thinning, and the paunch is getting obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I love the fact that half the advice on here is telling him to join various clubs and activities and the other half condemning people who make moves on people in such environments as "creepy".

Also interesting to note that he described the women I his Yoga class as stuck up. Two posters then went on to use the phrase "stuck up bitches" whilst criticizing him. Projecting much today, are we AH?

• Advertisement

Earthhorse wrote: »
    I love the fact that half the advice on here is telling him to join various clubs and activities and the other half condemning people who make moves on people in such environments as "creepy".

Also interesting to note that he described the women I his Yoga class as stuck up. Two posters then went on to use the phrase "stuck up bitches" whilst criticizing him. Projecting much today, are we AH?

Because joining a class just to meet women is kind of creepy. Women generally go to art/cooking classes to learn to paint or cook and are not expecting PUAs to be using it as a stalking ground.

OTOH joining an art/cooking class as a male because it's something you want to learn about, and happening to meet a lady with whom you click is no problem at all. Generally it's easy enough to spot the difference.

Looks like someone forgot to take their sarcasm awareness pills today.
    kylith wrote: »
    Because joining a class just to meet women is kind of creepy. Women generally go to art/cooking classes to learn to paint or cook
    OP should do nude modelling for still life art classes aimed at women!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Avoiding sausage fests

This may be your only hope.......

mikom wrote: »
    This may be your only hope.......

Or maybe he should buy some Lynx?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

From the tone of the OP's posts I'm imagining him like Richie in Bottom - a bloke who can't begin to understand why women don't want him, even though the reason why is perfectly clear to everyone else. There was an episode where his mate Eddie suggested hat he put an ad in a lonely heart's column reading something like "Ugly bloke desperately seeks sex of any description." Why don't you do the same OP? Because it's very obvious that all you want is a sh@g, and women can tell that from the vibes you're giving off, and if I'm in a yoga class or whatever, the last thing I would want is some desperate bloke sleazing all over me. The women aren't being stuck up, your behaviour is inappropriate for the situation. People can suggest a million places where women outnumber men, but unless it's a place where women are just looking to get laid then you are wasting your time. It would be quite different if you came on here and said something like, "I just love yoga and I want to date a woman who loves yoga too so we have a common interest, so I'm going to yoga classes to enjoy the sport and maybe meet someone with whom I click," but that's not what you're saying. You're showing no interest in any other hobby than sex, it seems any hobby you take up is only with the aim of getting sex out of it. It's clearly not working, and it's not fair on the women in the classes who you are probably making feel uncomfortable. The best thing you can do is be honest about the fact that it's only sex that you're interested in, and search for it in places where there are going to be women who are also looking for the same thing. I suggest you just put an ad in the paper or internet, or wherever people offer themselves up for sex these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Because joining a class just to meet women is kind of creepy. Women generally go to art/cooking classes to learn to paint or cook and are not expecting PUAs to be using it as a stalking ground.

OTOH joining an art/cooking class as a male because it's something you want to learn about, and happening to meet a lady with whom you click is no problem at all. Generally it's easy enough to spot the difference.

So now he's a PUA? I don't know, maybe he is, but isn't that a bit speculative? I think he is looking to do activities where there might be more women around but not just for that reason. I realise how he's coming across but plenty of people who are single do more activities in order to broaden the net; it's okay to join a club with an eye on that in my opinion and lots of people do it.
    smash wrote: »
    Looks like someone forgot to take their sarcasm awareness pills today.

Not at all. It's nothing to do with sarcasm (you may wish to look up the meaning of the term yourself) and everything to do with exaggerating what the OP said to make your point. But if he's really as bad as everyone is insisting there would be no need to exaggerate.

• Advertisement

Women generally go to art/cooking classes to learn to paint or cook and are not expecting PUAs to be using it as a stalking ground.
    Not so sure about that. I decided to try salsa classes a few years ago. Upon joining the class, there seemed to be five women to every man, and I was bombarded with approaches. I honestly wasn't interested in them, I hadn't gone there to meet women, especially thirtysomething women in the eleventh hour of their biological clock, and found the entire experience unpleasant to say the least.

In short, it's not just men who will have ulterior motives when taking up classes or hobbies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I suggest you just put an ad in the paper or internet, or wherever people offer themselves up for sex these days.

Something tells me even in a brothel they'd be drawing straws! :pac:

Not so sure about that. I decided to try salsa classes a few years ago. Upon joining the class, there seemed to be five women to every man, and I was bombarded with approaches. I honestly wasn't interested in them, I hadn't gone there to meet women, especially thirtysomething women in the eleventh hour of their biological clock, and found the entire experience unpleasant to say the least.

In short, it's not just men who will have ulterior motives when taking up classes or hobbies.

I have to agree. I have two (hot) friends here who joined Salsa classes to meet men only to be met with a...what's the equivalent of a sausage fest for a woman? Hmm...

My other friend who does Tango complains about the lack of men her age (or men at all, in fact) at her classes.

They all like the classes and want to learn to dance but they're hoping to meet someone nice too.

Yoga, on the other hand, no. Don't go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

.what's the equivalent of a sausage fest for a woman? Hmm...

Clam Bake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

biko wrote: »
    You could try to be gay. Sausage fests will be a meat market for you then.

I've noticed dat de wimmins luvs dem gay lads alroigh.
    Dey won't chat with you - but dey chat with de gays. :mad:

• Advertisement

Clam Bake.

Bingo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Classic AH thread.

Really brightening up a dreary Monday morning.

Kudos OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

What's the point in repeatedly making posts along the lines of the OP? You have admitted your issues with women and it is likely that your bitterness and contempt for women are as obvious irl as in your posts - it's something that will always seep through until you actually deal with it. Right now you seem to be just deliberately looking for more fuel to add to the fire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

Clam Bake.

What dat ?
    Some fishy sthink hole smell or whaaaaa ? :confused:

BBJBIG wrote: »
    What dat ?
    Some fishy sthink hole or whaaaaa ? :confused:

You and the OP should get together. Your combined knowledge of women should make quite the encyclopedia.

BBJBIG wrote: »
    What dat ?
    Some fishy sthink hole smell or whaaaaa ? :confused:

BBJBIG 4 wimmin wit yeast infections 4 eva.

So now he's a PUA? I don't know, maybe he is, but isn't that a bit speculative? I think he is looking to do activities where there might be more women around but not just for that reason. I realise how he's coming across but plenty of people who are single do more activities in order to broaden the net; it's okay to join a club with an eye on that in my opinion and lots of people do it.
    He's looking for activities specifically so that he can meet women. Maybe it's not intentional but I think that a person who joins an activity but is solely interested in whether or not they're likely to get laid is something of a PUA.

Which is exactly why you'll notice I didn't mention dance classes. They are, I think, one of the few places where men are actively wanted*.

*Not to say that they're not generally welcome in classes, but that it's a place where men on the prowl are more likely to be welcome than in, say, a sewing class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Don't know how you manage to walk OP, with those big blue balls.

I'd say you've a face only a mother could love and unrealistic expectations. Stop watching so much p0rn.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

If my childhood has taught me anything it is that womens toilets and womens changing rooms at swimming pools aren't much of a sausage fest. Have you tried any of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I've got an idea. The OP says he is handsome. OP, post a recent photo of yourself here and interested women can then PM you. I know you said you don't like boards women, but beggars can't be choosers.

• Advertisement

Which is exactly why you'll notice I didn't mention dance classes. They are, I think, one of the few places where men are actively wanted*.
    I don't do yoga, so I can't comment on what the atmosphere would be in such a class, but I'd have to question why a dance class would be so different to any other in this respect.
    *Not to say that they're not generally welcome in classes, but that it's a place where men on the prowl are more likely to be welcome than in, say, a sewing class.
    Funny that we always return to framing things in terms of men being on the prowl, when I pointed out that it was women who were very much on the prowl. The whole men=predator, woman=prey mythology is a little tiresome at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think you've pretty much answered the question though through your own experience.

Many people probably join clubs/classes as a way of meeting people, but at the same time they primarily join because it was something to try and enjoy (like you did).

If someone is there purely to try and pick up members of the opposite sex, that will become obvious very quickly, and in most cases people of both sexes will shrug off these advances - because they came to enjoy the classes, and this person is an irritating distraction.

Of course, that's not suggesting that the OP joined Yoga specifically to try and meet women (rather than to do yoga), but if he did that would explain why he found the women cold.

That said, having done dance classes, I expect they are fundamentally different to yoga classes because it's an inherently social activity. You're partnered up with other people and you're all somewhat vulnerable because you're learning, so it naturally lends itself to getting to know people in an enjoyable setting. So one could be forgiven for having higher expectations of meeting someone in these classes.

Never done yoga myself, but I expect the only chatting is done as you all walk out the door. If you're trying to chat to people mid-session, they'll probably give you a "STFU" stare.

I don't do yoga, so I can't comment on what the atmosphere would be in such a class, but I'd have to question why a dance class would be so different to any other in this respect.
    IME it's because it's often necessary when dancing to have a partner and usually dancing pairs have a 'male' or 'lead' part so that it's not a case of just learning the dance because these parts are specific - a woman who dances as a lead for a night misses the chance to learn the 'follow' part of the dance. This is, again IME, why men are more than welcome in dance classes. The fact that not many men seem to enjoy going to dance classes for fitness or fun means that any men there will quite often, IME, be there with their partner. It being a place with a known deficit of men leads to it being attractive to men who are looking for female company and, knowing this, women in dance classes are, again IME, more open to being approached because they know why the man is there.
    Funny that we always return to framing things in terms of men being on the prowl, when I pointed out that it was women who were very much on the prowl. The whole men=predator, woman=prey mythology is a little tiresome at this stage.
    In your situation women were on the prowl. In everyday life some women may be on the prowl. However in this thread we are looking at it in the context of the OP, hence the focus being on men on the prowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Ever Considered Becoming a Gigilo or an escort, worked for me, I get all the fanny I can handle now....

Cause when the end comes I know, I'm just a gigilo, life goes on........without me,

All together now...I, ain't got nobody.

IME it's because it's often necessary when dancing to have a partner and usually dancing pairs have a 'male' or 'lead' part so that it's not a case of just learning the dance because these parts are specific - a woman who dances as a lead for a night misses the chance to learn the 'follow' part of the dance.
    Oh, that explains why they have to chat up the man too...
    This is, again IME, why men are more than welcome in dance classes.
    Well it's nice to be allowed entry...
    It being a place with a known deficit of men leads to it being attractive to men who are looking for female company and, knowing this, women in dance classes are, again IME, more open to being approached because they know why the man is there.
    Like Yoga classes?
    In your situation women were on the prowl. In everyday life some women may be on the prowl. However in this thread we are looking at it in the context of the OP, hence the focus being on men on the prowl.
    Yeah, yeah... even when addressing a point where the opposite was true...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

My experience of the ladies is that they do not like to be disturbed, so leaving them alone should work.

Like Yoga classes?...
    Does one usually require a partner, traditionally of the opposite sex, for yoga?
    Yeah, yeah... even when addressing a point where the opposite was true...
    Your post was basically "But women make unwanted advances too!" which no-one was, or would, dispute. It's hardly relevant to a thread about avoiding sausage fests though, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

My experience of the ladies is that they do not like to be disturbed, so leaving them alone should work.

And that is not the only similarity between women and badgers.

not yet wrote: »
    Ever Considered Becoming a Gigilo or an escort, .

The OP couldn't catch pussy if it were raining cats, and your strategy is that he should try getting paid for it? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...I do yoga but the women are mostly stuck up or don't want to be chatted up.

might try dancing classes :o

Here is the news: Women don't go to yoga classes to meet a bunch of nonces who do yoga. :pac:

Advertisement