Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty PIRs ?

Options
  • 14-12-2014 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Want a few opinions here, The bulkhead lights around the house are controlled through seperate independent PIRs, two of them one front and one at the back, the electrician at the time had to run them through contacters i think he called them, black buttons that seem to pop in and out. Either front or back PIRs would activate the lights. They would occasionally not work over the last couple of years but now dont work at all unless i switch them on with an internal switch which overides the PIRs. What i want to know is is it the two seperate PIRs that are faulty or would it be the contacters at the consumer unit . Where should i start ? Which of them are prone to give trouble ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

to be honest it's difficult to "guess". It would be best to have someone qualified look at it. I'd imagine that that person would try just one PIR at a time by disconnecting the other PIRs at the contactor, if it worked they might try the other PIRs on their own to see if one does not work. This might be an approach they'd take. Depending on the outcome some options can be eliminated, for example if all PIRs "Fail" it might be the contactor etc

Advertisement