Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Basic Internet/Email Laptop

Options
  • 14-12-2014 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a basic laptop for searching the net and email/word processing / basic coding stuff.

I know tesco had one recently for 199€ as seen in another thread here but as far as I know there all sold out.

Whats the cheapest laptop out there at the moment does anyone know ?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

HP Stream 11 €239
    Asus X205TA €219

From PcWorld/Curry's in store. free reserve online and collect in store or €5 delivery.

Both 11.6 inch screens and basic. They have 32GB hard drives but expandable through SD/microSD. You can often grab a cheap card online.

The HP even has 1 year Microsoft office 365 thrown in, that's worth like 70 euro. I'm not sure if the Asus does too.

HP has a bit better performance but the Asus has better battery life.

The HP is only available in blue but this thing is in hot hot demand.

They are the best value for specs at that price point. Both sound good for your needs if the screen isn't too small. But it makes them very portable.

You can also get the HP from the uk hp website but savings are small after conversion and delivery etc. Its easier to take back to a store.

These are both relatively new out too. I'd be all over either of them but I am getting a touchscreen convertible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I can't post links but Lon Seidman has great reviews of both on YouTube

Advertisement