Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle Helmet for toddler

Options
  • 14-12-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Santa is bringing our almost 2 year old a bike for Christmas. Which is great, thank you very much Santa, problem is we're finding it hard to get a helmet small enough. Most places start at 50ish cms and I'd say our little one would be a 46/47cm.

Could anyone recomend anywhere that sells helmets for smaller heads? Preferably in Laois or Offaly. The only one I've managed to track down is in Dublin but it'd be great if we could get one closer to home. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I got an adjustable one in smyths, my toddler is almost 2 1/2. Haven't tried it on her as santa will bring it but it looked very small

This is the one http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/outdoor/bikes/c-636/helmets/p-3592/kids-pink-helmet-size-48-52cm-/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Thanks for that, I saw that one and thought it might be too big but it'd be worth taking her there and trying it on. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Thanks for that, I saw that one and thought it might be too big but it'd be worth taking her there and trying it on. Thanks again.

Try halfords portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Why not buy online? I got this one for my son when he turned one and could be a passenger on my bike.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/140876615475?_mwBanner=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I got one in Halfords during the summer for my 1 1/2 year old. He doesn't have a large head. This one is adjustable too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Thanks everyone. We'll try Robert Black and Halfords in Portlaoise.

Iguana, I never thought of getting one online! We'd be cutting it close to have it before Christmas at this stage but I'll have a look. If it was from somewhere in Ireland we'd probably be okay.

Thanks again all.

Advertisement