Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad stuck in Recovery Mode

• 14-12-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Mother-in-law's iPad is stuck in recovery mode.

She tells me it was trying to "upgrade iTunes" when it happened so I'm guessing she was upgrading the operating system.

Anyway it's stuck now on a screen like this which I assume means connect to a PC & iTunes.

Only problem is when I stick in onto my PC (Windows 7) I get an 'unknown device' / 'USB device not recognised' problem.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Is it showing in iTunes at all? Try the steps in this article maybe - particularly the Apple Mobile Device Support Section. http://support.apple.com/en-ie/TS1538

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

Aeternum wrote: »
    Is it showing in iTunes at all? Try the steps in this article maybe - particularly the Apple Mobile Device Support Section. http://support.apple.com/en-ie/TS1538

no doesn't show in iTunes at all

Don't think there's anything wrong with my Apple Mobile Device software as my own iPad shows up fine.

It's just this one in recovery mode that's the problem.

Can iPads be "bricked"?

Are both iPads on the same OS? Is iTunes fully up to date? Any chance of trying another computer/laptop?

Mine is on os7
    I assume my mother-in-law was trying to update to 8 (is that the latest?)

iTunes is the latest version

Tried 2 PCs already but both are on Windows7

Might try a mates Mac if I can

Have you tried DFU mode by any chance? Is it still in warranty? Might be worth a try using a different cable/usb port on the laptop too, and trying the Mac is a good option too.

• Advertisement

Turned out to be the cable - obviously must have been fine for her for charging but not for connecting to a PC.

Borrowed one in work this morning & it's recovering now.

(I have an iPad Mini - so different cable so couldn't try this last night)

Advertisement