Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC adapter 24V DC 300mA output

Options
  • 14-12-2014 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I might be able to pick up and AC adapter with a 24V DC output? It's needed for some old christmas lights with a jingle box thing, preferably a brick and mortar shop in Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

sorry bassey no idea, I'd usually go online for that, have you considered buying a set of cheap lights that have one in the box? might actually be the cheapest way to get your hands on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Yeah was thinking that'd be the best way to go about it, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

bassey wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking that'd be the best way to go about it, cheers.

Just wondering if a couple of (identical) ,say, 12v in series would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Most electrical wholesalers will have DIN mountable 24V PSU, you could wire on a plug and connect it to the lights

adrian92 wrote: »
    Just wondering if a couple of (identical) ,say, 12v in series would work?

Yeah probably if the earth isn't connected ie. they're double insulated. Ov reference off the ground of the first and +24v reference off the pos of the second.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

It would be a lot easier to get a 12v PSU... Why dont you split the LEDs in to two lumps in parallel and get a 12V PSU with twice the power.... Or is there circuitry that needs the 24V?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

It would be a lot easier to get a 12v PSU... Why dont you split the LEDs in to two lumps in parallel and get a 12V PSU with twice the power.... Or is there circuitry that needs the 24V?

If it was just LEDs there'd be no hassle, but I'm fairly sure that the jingle box requires 24VDC to operate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

bassey wrote: »
    If it was just LEDs there'd be no hassle, but I'm fairly sure that the jingle box requires 24VDC to operate

Maplins have one...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/24v-dcdc-universal-80w-laptop-power-supply-n45ng

Havrvey Normans have all sorts of universal laptop adapters as well... but I'm not sure they have adapters with more than 20V...

Advertisement