Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chromecast

Options
  • 14-12-2014 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am thinking of buying this as a present and just wondering how good it is. My OH would download a lot of tv and movies onto a usb to watch on the tv and he watches a lot of showbox. My thinking is just that he can watch what he wants on a big screen rather than his phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Depends on the app he uses to watch them on :) We got one a few months ago and find it brilliant! I use it with netflix from my phone, and also downloaded use Plex to stream all the movies and TV shows which I have on my PC. Plex streams them to my phone and then I stream them on to the Chromecast from that.

You can stream directly from the PC to the TV as well. I think its super handy. If your OH downloads his TV and movies he could stream them directly from his laptop/computer to the chrome cast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Thanks. He is fairly hard to buy for so this is just a little something extra that he hasn't already picked himself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

TV shows which I have on my PC

why don't you stream directly from your PC to Chromecast ?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

amen wrote: »
    why don't you stream directly from your PC to Chromecast ?

Because I'm not always in the same room as the PC but I always have my phone or iPad with me. It's easier to control it from the phone than having to go to the Pc every time I want to pause it or put on something new

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Can you not just put the Netflix and show box app on it without having to go near ur pc?

• Advertisement
Advertisement