Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physio referral coombe query

Options
  • 15-12-2014 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Hi, has anyone on public been to physio in the coombe? I'm wondering can I just ring myself (like they implied at class) or do I need a referral from my doc? My carpel tunnel has gone absolutely mental. I'm a piano player and I'm getting worried I'm going to damage my right hand. I do have an appointment in the hospital on Wednesday but I'm a bit freaked coz this morning it took 20 minutes to wake up my fingers (thumb to
    Fourth were all dead) despite the splint. I've been doing everything I can exercises from online and have stopped playing etc but it's just getting worse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 coopdloop

Hi, has anyone on public been to physio in the coombe? I'm wondering can I just ring myself (like they implied at class) or do I need a referral from my doc? My carpel tunnel has gone absolutely mental. I'm a piano player and I'm getting worried I'm going to damage my right hand. I do have an appointment in the hospital on Wednesday but I'm a bit freaked coz this morning it took 20 minutes to wake up my fingers (thumb to
    Fourth were all dead) despite the splint. I've been doing everything I can exercises from online and have stopped playing etc but it's just getting worse

Im semi private in the Coombe and was referred to the physio for mid-back pain. When they sent out my appointment it was for a lower back/pelvic pain group class. When I rang up to ask about it they said this class was for all sorts of pain and that they don't see people individually - there was a ladie there suffering with carpal tunnel so you may just be referred to the same type of class. She was able to get the splints from the physio to wear at night at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thanks for the info. I'm going to ask in the morning anyways, sure it can't hurt. I'm already splinting but maybe they'll have specific exercises or advice I can use!

Advertisement