Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Business

Options
  • 15-12-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone use Magnet Business / Voice? Last week and today we have had unexplained outages. Has anyone any experience in dealing with them? are they reputable? Or does anyone know of any other telecoms provider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Does anyone use Magnet Business / Voice? Last week and today we have had unexplained outages. Has anyone any experience in dealing with them? are they reputable? Or does anyone know of any other telecoms provider?

I have a few clients with them and we didn't receive notification of any outages.

The magnet support guys are good technically, but I have found that they are far too quick to point the blame at customer equipment/config

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Louise_3_6_0

Yes we found the same, we spent weeks proving to Magnet that it wasn’t our configuration before they accepted it was their servers and then 2 outages for nearly an hour during a busy day followed by another outage a week later.

They seems to be in start-up mode and don’t have the infrastructure to give a stable service.

We like the idea of VOIP for business calling but not Magnet – can you suggest an alternative, stable VOIP telecoms provider to Magnet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Gmaximum

You might get better assistance in the VoIP forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=542

For what its worth there are a number of other providers doing what Magnet do. Blueface and Goldfish for example are smaller companies offering both VOIP and hosted phone systems. Eircom recently launched and SME VOIP product and I think Vodafone do something similar

Advertisement