Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephens Day Sale . Is it worth it

Options
  • 15-12-2014 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi Guys
    I have been holding out to buy some things for myself till the sales day after Christmas as I have heard before that one might find a good bargain on clothes especially. However some of my friends added to that mostly all the good designs and quality clothing is gone by then and the things out for sales are more like leftovers. So if you want something good quality at a reasonable price better get it before Christmas.
    Thanks for your take on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,045 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Many stores start their sales *before* Christmas. Stephens Day itself is usually just a mess in the shops that are open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Many of the sales start before Christmas. Keep and eye out for what you want and register with the relevent shop website. YOu normally get an email a couple of days before a sale starts.

Sometimes items can get reduced by more as they sale goes on but normally the good stuff gets bought at the start and sizes become limited as the sale goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Why would anyone want to waste international turkey sandwich and going to the pub all day day by spending the time shopping for clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

rom9 wrote: »
    I have been holding out to buy some things for myself till the sales day after Christmas as I have heard before that one might find a good bargain on clothes especially. However some of my friends added to that mostly all the good designs and quality clothing is gone by then and the things out for sales are more like leftovers. So if you want something good quality at a reasonable price better get it before Christmas.
    Thanks for your take on this.

What your friends are telling is what the stores want you to believe. It's all down to what stock the stores are able to shift before Christmas. In some years where they have very little stock left after Christmas, they buy in junk/surplus stock to satisfy sales fever. I've often been at the January sales and seen stock like bath towels from which the labels have been snipped off.

You can take a chance that the item you want will be still in stock and reduced in the sales, or bite the bullet and buy it at the higher price beforehand.

Anyone who can predict the right thing to do is probably already employed as a senior buyer in BT or M&S so will give you a biased opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Interweb shopping from your bed whilst naked eating leftovers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Interweb shopping from your bed whilst naked eating leftovers.

What a glorious time to be alive :p

Nothing to see here...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

L1011 wrote: »
    N rate stamps don't expire or become invalid when the rate changes, but they don't make buying the bloody things easy:

http://www.irishstamps.ie/shop/p-1267-self-adhesive-booklet-of-10-x-n-rate-stamps.aspx - note that they're still charging €6.00 for ten when it should be €6.80!

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you took a wrong turn? :pac:

kc90 wrote: »
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say you took a wrong turn? :pac:

Yes. Yes I did.

Tabbed browsing is a curse.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

feel sorry for sales staff having to work st stephens....should be a day off for all

• Advertisement
Advertisement