Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Longest hangover ever?

• 15-12-2014 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

I had an almighty session on Friday. So bad that I'm still feeling the horrors element of it. It might be a personal record for longest hangover.

Tell us your personal bests. Can you beat mine?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Saipanne wrote: »
    So bad that I'm still feeling the horrors element of it.

You slept with a fat chick, didn't you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Never had a hangover that bad that I didn't address later-on that day with the hair o' the dog, so no, can't help you chief! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I went drinking at 3.00pm on Friday and I'm still hungover now, 18 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

I usually find if I go on the drink on back to back days.. the hang over gets prolonged accordingly. Longest I can remember was 5 day hangover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I had a hangover that lasted two or three days in the middle of the heatwave in 1995, was on a Jameson whisky binge, needless to say I haven't touched Jameson since.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Hangovers are easy.

Wake up hung over, make your way to the pub, drink about three pints. Go home, have a few cans and then a rake of water.

Next day you'll be bright as a button and ready to do it all over again.

Well it's your own fault really isn't it?

If you don't want to suffer from a hangover then don't stop drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

smash wrote: »
    You slept with a fat chick, didn't you...

He is the fat chick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

#lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

I did full 5 days of rag week (midday to 3/4am with a break of a 3 hour nap and huge feed in the evening), then on the Saturday went home for my cousin's birthday, then a super sunday the day after. Safe to say I was fcked for the entire next week, including getting a chest infection that lasted 3 weeks. I was 19, good memories but wouldn't do it again if you paid me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I dont mind the hangover as much as 'the fear'

thats the worst part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I had a permenent hangover when I lived in Greece for 6 months at a time! Only cure is go drinking again! Other wise it's depression ville for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭dm09

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I had a permenent hangover when I lived in Greece for 6 months at a time! Only cure is go drinking again! Other wise it's depression ville for you!

Yes nothing worse than the fear.. That sense of impending doom and guilt you get after a few nights on the booze ! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Worst I can remember: went on a bender that was Wednesday night, all-day Thursday, Friday night and all-day Saturday and all-day Sunday.

Went into DTs on Sunday night once I finally stopped drinking, it was horrible. Shivering, shaky, couldn't sleep, awful achy feeling everywhere. It was the Thursday before I felt somewhat normal again. The Monday was a horrible, achy hangover and the Tuesday and Wednesday were just really tired and dehydrated.

MugMugs wrote: »
    Hangovers are easy.

Wake up hung over, make your way to the pub, drink about three pints. Go home, have a few cans and then a rake of water.

I would work a trucker's breakfast that'd capsize a bull elephant into that itenary somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I just popped a couple of painkillers. Hopefully that will numb things a bit.... ugh.

I think I had the Shortest Hangover Ever yesterday evening, though. We stopped at t'Woolpack after some shopping and I had four pints of Carlsberg. I had a slight headache for a couple of minutes while Woman was fetching the car afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I had an almighty session on Friday. So bad that I'm still feeling the horrors element of it. It might be a personal record for longest hangover.

Does poisoning count? Was sick for a week after a whiskey session.

jimgoose wrote: »
    I think I had the Shortest Hangover Ever yesterday evening, though. We stopped at t'Woolpack after some shopping and I had four pints of Carlsberg. I had a slight headache for a couple of minutes while Woman was fetching the car afterwards.

That was your brain rejecting the crapness of the beer.

Does poisoning count? Was sick for a week after a whiskey session.

Alcohol poisoning shall be considered cheating. Rafferty's Rules gentlemen, i.e. no head-butting below the belt and first one in an ambulance is a woofter! :D

• Advertisement

That was your brain rejecting the crapness of the beer.

Hmm. Don't think so squire, my brain isn't anything like as clever as it thinks it is. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Electric Picnic this year. Took about 5 days to get back to normal. The psychological effects were much harder to cope with than the physical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I thought a 3 day hangover was bad. After reading some of these posts, it's not as bad as I thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Had a christmas party in my apartment back when I was in college and as usual it got out of hand when loads of wine was added to the beer already drank! I was hungover for 4 days.... 4 very unpleasant days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It's been a few years since I had a 'really bad' hangover. It was a New years eve and I got hammered on cocktails of champagne with a double shot of gin in them. Took me almost a week to recover. Once you get into your 30's your body just won't let you away with getting drunk anymore, it punishes you for punishing it.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I went on a 10 day holiday in Septemeber that included a wedding... No kids, (well only the 17 year old, old enough to look after himself) loads of mates, great atmosphere and my first foreign holiday in 5 years..... Open bar on the wedding day meant no pints, only jäger bombs ... But constant drinking for the entire holiday which at home I'd be entirely unable to do resulted in the last day of the holiday being a dry day.... I honestly felt suicidal with the horrors.... And it continued for about 5 days when I got home, not helped in the slightest by starting a 10 hour shift less than 6 hours after landing in Ireland, and 4 more in the next 5 days after that..... Horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Is that actually true about drinking more? I had a hangover last year that lasted two days, after I'd a run in with a bottle of red and a litre of vodka. I lost about 5kg. Would a few pints really have made it all ok? Drink is the last thing you want when you feel like that :confused:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Is that actually true about drinking more? I had a hangover last year that lasted two days, after I'd a run in with a bottle of red and a litre of vodka. I lost about 5kg. Would a few pints really have made it all ok? Drink is the last thing you want when you feel like that :confused:

Yes and no. It does kill the hangover, but merely postpones it with an even more potent one. Kicking the can down the road is the appropriate phrase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

MugMugs wrote: »
    Hangovers are easy.

Or you could just take a few benzo's once you wake up. That's probably a lot easier & costs alot less.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Theres a fine line you see, you need too drink enough too take away the hangover BUT not enough too give you another one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

6 weeks.

I got up the next morning and ate some left over takeaway and started getting some stomach pain. It turned into crippling pain. After 15 minutes it got a bit better. I ended up going to the hospital that day and waited 6 hours to see a doctor. Turns out my lung had completely collapsed. For the first three days they gave me vitamins and stuff to help my body recover from the hangover. It took two weeks for my lung to re-inflate and i got sent home. I spent the next 4 weeks having trouble if I walked more than 20 foot. I walked placed whilst pushing a bicycle so I had something to lean against.

Worst hangover ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Last monday was a very very bad day for me. Been on a proper session from Friday to sunday.

I'm not prone to depression or anxiety but fcuk me, last monday was bad. Had a cloud of impending doom hanging over my head all day. Went out and played some music and had a few glasses of beer. Felt right as rain Tuesday.

Give me a headache and a dodgy stomach over the fear anytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Went on the booze for 2 weeks solid in Ayia Napa a few years back. Actually leaving cert holiday 2005. I'm talking I would have a 70cl bottle of Jaegermeister and a rake of red bull every night before I went out in the apartment for 2 solid weeks. I was the lunatic of the group. Anyway when I came home spent a week in bed going cold turkey, sleep paralysis and the biggest muthf**kin fear of all time. Puking my guts up for days as I withdrew. Didn't show up for work or anything for a week out of pure depression.

Christ when I think of it know, that was the peak of my drinking career. I've toned it down significantly since:eek:

Celebrating finishing that horrible day with a beer.

To alcoholism! :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I gave myself a small dose of alcohol poisoning in the Czech Republic in 2009. It was the worst experience of my life. I destroyed the whites of my eyes by vomiting so much and rupturing the blood vessels, so I had bright red patches in each eye (not bloodshot, solid red patches). It took weeks to feel normal again, maybe 3 or 4? I couldn't even look in the mirror because my eyes depressed and horrified me so much.

I went on a night out maybe 5 weeks after I got home, took it easy and had maybe 5 or 6 drinks (not a lot at all for me) and my body just rejected the alcohol. Same experience all over again with the vomming and the fcucked up eyes and the self loathing. I was even more in bits.

It makes me feel ill even to think about it now. I was so freaked out that I might have permanently damaged myself and it gave me a real wake up call. Still love a drink, still love a good session and still drink too much on occasion, but never ever like that again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Never had a hangover in my life. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Almost 13 years I went to Amsterdam for a weekend. Fri to Sunday. For some reason we went to the red box on the Thursday and took some pills and then from house party straight to airport then onto Amsterdam indulging in everything I could lay my hands on. Didn't sleep more than a couple of hours till I was back in Dublin.
    I wasn't right for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

The 5 days following Electric Picnic this year. The mother of all come downs. I was lying in bed, shaking like Ali, hearing sounds and bells going off, píssing sweat and drinking gallons of water. The first few nights I was actually afraid to go asleep incase I didn't wake up. Totally worth it, mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Had a massive new years a few years ago, took me 4 days to recover,

Had Christmas party on Friday night, I was grand, but I am still afraid to fart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Had a massive new years a few years ago, took me 4 days to recover,

Had Christmas party on Friday night, I was grand, but I am still afraid to fart

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement