Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAT Type PS4 help?

Options
  • 15-12-2014 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

I'v had a search around the forum and couldn't find an answer so sorry if this is a repost.

Anyways I got a ps4 the other day and have it connected to my eircom Wifi (neutopia router) but it's Nat type 3. I remember with my old PS3 that I had to change to nat 2 to play games online and I found a step by step guide showing me how to. It involved changing some code in the setting screen on the playstation. I can't find the same sort of guide for the ps4 so if anyone could give me a guide it'd be huuuuugely appreciated. Eircom were no help at all.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

JC01 wrote: »
    I'v had a search around the forum and couldn't find an answer so sorry if this is a repost.

Anyways I got a ps4 the other day and have it connected to my eircom Wifi (neutopia router) but it's Nat type 3. I remember with my old PS3 that I had to change to nat 2 to play games online and I found a step by step guide showing me how to. It involved changing some code in the setting screen on the playstation. I can't find the same sort of guide for the ps4 so if anyone could give me a guide it'd be huuuuugely appreciated. Eircom were no help at all.

Did you try "keep it Carlow".
    Might work for the PS4 too, worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭JC01

F1ngers wrote: »
    Did you try "keep it Carlow".
    Might work for the PS4 too, worth a try.

Thanks buddy just tried that there and it got me NAT type 1.

Anybody know how to get type 2 now? Sorry if it's a stupid question this stuff has my head recked at this stage :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

JC01 wrote: »
    Thanks buddy just tried that there and it got me NAT type 1.

Anybody know how to get type 2 now? Sorry if it's a stupid question this stuff has my head recked at this stage :D

NAT 1 is good for online gaming, as good as NAT 2 really.

NAT 1 affects streaming from PC to PS4 iIrc.

Advertisement