Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival - 29th-31st May 2015

Options
  • 15-12-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://www.life-festival.com/

June Bank Holiday Weekend
    29th-31st May 2015
    Belvedere House, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath

wuUL2l9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I hope its a bit drier next year, looking forward to the announcement.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Would Aphex Twin be small enough to headline Life Festival, thats one sure way to give competition to Forbidden Fruit, throw in Daniel Avery and James Holden too.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Ame and Optimo are playing, hoping to see Tale of Us, Boris Brejcha, Damian Lazarus & tiNi on the line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Squarepusher confirmed along with a few other top acts. Gonna have to pick up a ticket for this I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Squarepusher (live), Gold Panda (live), SiriusModeselektor, Pantha Du Prince (live), DJ Nu-Mark (J5), Derrick Carter, Skream, Optimo, Alle Farben and Happa.

Not bad so far. Will be waiting to hear the rest of the line up before I decide if I'll go though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

enjoyed this last few years.
    progressively decaying as an event though.
    rough enough mix last year, cant really blame the weather but
    it didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Squarepusher now thats a nice haul, I hope there is a better attendance at his gig than was at his EP show in 2012 mind you he was up against main stage headliners Orbital. There is quite a few from previous Body & Soul festivals too like Panthu Du Prince, Gold Panda, Alle Farben, plus Luke Vibert so a nice representation of some acts from Warp. And nice to have Modeselektor back in a different guise, Optimo from Scotland and a stalwart of the RockNess electronic festival scene and Derrick Carter too, not bad at all Life. Now Body & Soul will have to announce someone soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Probably about 2/3rds the size of Body & Soul. Think there were about 5 or 6 stages pretty much all playing electronic music, last year was my first year it definitely wasn't as arty as Body & Soul, apart from the music I found there wasn't much else to do apart from sit in the tent but that could have been because it pissed rain for 3 days solid.

Crowd was a lot younger too, pretty much everyone there seemed to be between say 18-25 and there did seem to be a good few scauldies around the place, although I didn't see any trouble the whole weekend. I think with a younger crowd like that the whole place feels a lot more wild and you see a lot of people in terrible states from the drink/drugs. Didn't feel anything like as laid back as picnic or Body & Soul IMO. If you don't mind that though I definitely recommend going, line up was very good last year and we would be unlucky to get such bad weather again!

• Advertisement

Probably about 2/3rds the size of Body & Soul. Think there were about 5 or 6 stages pretty much all playing electronic music, last year was my first year it definitely wasn't as arty as Body & Soul, apart from the music I found there wasn't much else to do apart from sit in the tent but that could have been because it pissed rain for 3 days solid.

Crowd was a lot younger too, pretty much everyone there seemed to be between say 18-25 and there did seem to be a good few scauldies around the place, although I didn't see any trouble the whole weekend. I think with a younger crowd like that the whole place feels a lot more wild and you see a lot of people in terrible states from the drink/drugs. Didn't feel anything like as laid back as picnic or Body & Soul IMO. If you don't mind that though I definitely recommend going, line up was very good last year and we would be unlucky to get such bad weather again!

I can say one thing for Life over Body & Soul, at least they have their lakeside open during most of the festival which effectively makes it a great chill out spot with a Deep House vibe. Body & Soul boasts that they have a lakeside too on their website but do you ever see that lakeside open to the festival public. Capacity for both festivals were around the same till last year, I think Life had a 10,000 capacity last year but only sold 8,000 odd tickets or something like that, Body & Soul sold out and was 10,000 capacity but they sure got the weather this year. Life does have some nice installations too, lets just say Life is a more harder edged dance festival but still fairly counter culture like Body & Soul but without families. And thats the difference, Life is for a younger crowd but still way more chilled than mainstream Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Will all the sets end at 12 on the Sunday again this year? Kinda a good and bad thing depending on the type of festival goer you are! Was good for me seeing as I hadn't slept all weekend and got a lovely 9 hour sleep that night haha was bad at the same time because Ben Klock kept us all wanting more!

Squarepusher is premièring a new live show and tour in the UK in March, so we are going to get this too, I canna wait.

10731004_10152486501217686_4739269357063223833_n.jpg?oh=0a3b83d540bf8751c8b7a276845acdf4&oe=5537ABDE&__gda__=1426042056_56973c22926a22d271f22a65426d8ef5

Blurb from Warp: Squarepusher will premiere a new live show with new material in the UK at the Barbican Centre in March. Tickets go on general sale tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/warprecords/photos/a.102250917685.94306.9075937685/10152486501217686/?type=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Got an EP ticket as an Xmas pressie today so considering buying a ticket for this myself.

Never been to Life before though; is there much of a techno scene? Or is it a bit of everything under the Electronica label?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Got an EP ticket as an Xmas pressie today so considering buying a ticket for this myself.

Never been to Life before though; is there much of a techno scene? Or is it a bit of everything under the Electronica label?
    Check the lineups from past years, man. There's always plenty of techno.

Kolsch will be playing
    https://www.facebook.com/Archetype.ie/posts/1521442378115738
    21 mins ·
    Kölsch rocked the place last night.. and best news is he will come back to Ireland next May to perform Live at Life Festival 2015

Seen him the last night in District 8, he killed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭guitarrrszz

should be good, may get ticket myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

coppers, police, rozzers, old bill, filth, scum, pigs, blue bottles, special branch, garda, the hinderance, buzz killers, under covers

I hope some fecking Irish festival books Daniel Avery this year, if Life doesn't snap him up well hopefully Body & Soul, when I was doing advanced at Life last year loads of volunteers were playing Drone Logic in their stereos, the same with the build up on Friday with the arriving public, Drone Logic heard all around the camp sites, he is perfect late evening fodder to set the tone for someone like Squarepusher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Will all the sets end at 12 on the Sunday again this year? Kinda a good and bad thing depending on the type of festival goer you are! Was good for me seeing as I hadn't slept all weekend and got a lovely 9 hour sleep that night haha was bad at the same time because Ben Klock kept us all wanting more!

thats a licensing issue that will probably remain in place again, the festival would love to stay open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

With Forbidden Fruit on the same weekend, will the scaldies be more diluted this year? Or will the "nicer" people opt for FF, and the shams go for Life?

I see Klock B2B Dettman on the Friday at FF, would that have them written off the Life card?

I'm hoping Jackmaster might get a shout, what with Optimo already there. I'd also say Clouds and Joe Farr will get a spot too.

Missed Kormac (again) at Life, but I doubt he'll be back so quick.

I see Klock B2B Dettman on the Friday at FF, would that have them written off the Life card?
    where did you see that?

FF has always started on the Saturday in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

where did you see that?

FF has always started on the Saturday in previous years.

You're right, Klock & Dettman is the Saturday.

are you getting FF confused with Field Day in London?
    Dettman and Klock are playing b2b there on that Saturday.

e: actually it's the following weekend, thought it was the same weekend again this year.

Would love to see Alan Fitzpatrick, Hot Since 82, Maceo Plex, Joy Orbison...Nina Kraviz? Although she has more or less just sold out in District 8.

In fact, this is pretty much all I need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Decided to go with Life Festival this year for the first time, however have been told (post-ticket purchase) that it is a scaldy affair. How true is this?

Advertisement