Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival - 29th-31st May 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Would love to see Alan Fitzpatrick, Hot Since 82, Maceo Plex, Joy Orbison...Nina Kraviz? Although she has more or less just sold out in District 8.

In fact, this is pretty much all I need.

Most of those played it last year, Alan Fitz would be a good shout though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Decided to go with Life Festival this year for the first time, however have been told (post-ticket purchase) that it is a scaldy affair. How true is this?

If you've been to the picnic, don't expect to have a similar weekend at life. It has a certain level of scobes but nothing that can't be put up with, lots of undercover garda but they can be spotted from a mile away (look for serious faces and northface jackets)

I've never seen any violence at it either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

are you getting FF confused with Field Day in London?
    Dettman and Klock are playing b2b there on that Saturday.

e: actually it's the following weekend, thought it was the same weekend again this year.

Disregard, I'm a complete plum.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Ame and Optimo are playing, hoping to see Tale of Us, Boris Brejcha, Damian Lazarus & tiNi on the line-up.

Surprised to see other Brejcha people on boards, would give my left nut to see him. Really wanted to go see him at ADE but it didn't pan out.

If he shows up at LIFE that will be a dream come true :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Wonder what odds of Caribou being announced are like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Twigehh

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Wonder what odds of Caribou being announced are like?

I'd say Daphni will be playing, since Caribou are playing at Longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

TX56L7J.png

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭PaddyPooHead

That lineup is no joke. How in the name of christ did they get Nas? Whoever booked him is a genius!

some further info on who's on the RBMA stage:

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2015/01/30/nas-for-life-festival/
    This year’s Red Bull Music Academy line-up includes sets by Skream, Ben UFO, Robert Hood, Ame, Sunil Sharpe, Happa, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Optimo, Luke Vibert, Derrick Carter, Oneman, Icicle [Live], High Contrast and more to be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Nas performing illmatic? Yes please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Avicii!

No, wait, Aoki!

No, actually, David Guetta!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Ben Klock 6 hour beach set? That sounds amazing! Must something special planned for the lake this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Hopefully Nas plays Friday, meaning Wu-tang on Sunday in Forbidden Fruit will be no bother to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Hopefully Nas plays Friday, meaning Wu-tang on Sunday in Forbidden Fruit will be no bother to get to.
    Nas is playing the Sunday according to his own website.

Think I'll just pick up a Sunday ticket this year but will wait to see the final lineup before deciding. Hoping that the Ben Klock 6 hour set is also on the Sunday but that's probably pretty unlikely seeing as the music finishes at midnight on the Sunday.

did they do day tickets last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah they sold Sunday only tickets as as well as Saturday + Sunday tickets. They didn't go on sale until a few weeks before the festival and were pricey enough though from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Maceo Plex also added to the line up, don't think he was announced so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Maceo Plex also added to the line up, don't think he was announced so far.

:eek: Can't do the full weekend of Life, but if he is on the Sunday I might get a day ticket, but then Richie Hawtin is doing FF on Sunday too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Nas performing arguably the greatest Rap album of all time!
    Please god I hope the weather is better this year.

Does anybody know if the capacity is the same as last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Eats Everything another addition to the line up, very good DJ. Is it just me or this time last year did it feel like Life had a lot more acts announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 D_R_G_7

With the boiler room just announced for Belfast, Anyone think they might hold something at Life ?

See'ing as it's 10 and all that this year. Could be the special guest, sort of ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Also from Squarepusher's current tour.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

I would rather be gelded than listen to that, squarepusher, earplugger.
    awful sound, im a long time raving (16years) and hope I never come across that on the session.
    ame, klockers and motor city would be stand out for me. square can push it up his ..maybe its the wave of ket heads that like that, or maybe im getting grumpy in my old age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I would rather be gelded than listen to that, squarepusher, earplugger.
    awful sound, im a long time raving (16years) and hope I never come across that on the session.
    ame, klockers and motor city would be stand out for me. square can push it up his ..maybe its the wave of ket heads that like that, or maybe im getting grumpy in my old age.

Squarepusher is around longer than you so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Wooooah, somebody get this guy some ice for that burn

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

haha, I have honestly never heard of him or her, the music doesn't sit well with me, its too mechanical, too much effort, like aphex twin.

• Advertisement

Advertisement