Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival - 29th-31st May 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

After having a look at last years full line up and who's announced this year, I would think most of the big slots have been filled. RBMA have a load of good international acts playing this year and I would think they have their big slots full, from what I can see the main stage only really had 2 big international acts each day last year: Friday - Hot Since 82 & Groove Armada, Sat - Tensnake & DJ Koze, Sun - Maya Jane & Ben Klock, they could easily go with something like Fri - Squarepusher & Gold Panda, Sat - Siriusmodeselektor & Eats Everything, Sun - Nas & Maceo Plex. The Bedlam/Beach stage had about 3 international acts each night, so between the likes of Jasper James, The Underachievers, The Magician, DJ Numark, Pantha du Prince, Blonde, Kolsch, Ratking and Ben Klocks 6 hour set I'd imagine that is a lot of them slots filled.

It is their 10 year anniversary and it sounds like it's going to be a bit bigger this year, but for anyone expecting another big announcement I wouldn't get my hopes up. I'd say maybe one or two more big acts and then a load of Irish DJs/collectives and that will be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I notice Squarepusher is on the main stage, I thought he would be more suited to a marquee gig I expected him to be in the RBMA like Four Tet last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

That's just complete guesswork bodhrandude so you could be correct, but he is not on the RBMA line up so I wouldn't think he will be playing that stage. Judging by how high up the poster he is I would think he would be too big for any of the other tents unless they expand or have a brand new tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 D_R_G_7

IMHO, I don't think they'll ever top last year's line-up. I would have paid the price of two tickets to go to the RBMA stage alone last year.

Also,

If Hawtin is the surprise announcement i'll actually be pretty disappointed. But i'll not complain in the same sense, Robert Hood will blow the arse outta Westmeath, MCDE is a guarantee'd dinger of a set too.

Sunil Sharpe is also a guarantee'd humdinger, especially to a big crowd over a massive sound system.
    There'll be many a "Hon Te' F*ck, Yi Legend" through-out his set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Anyone know if this sold out last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

They just said on twitter that Rodhad has been added, I don't think he was announced yet was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Unbelievable live, only seen him in Galway the other week and he destroyed the place.

Dropped this beaut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

They just said on twitter that Rodhad has been added, I don't think he was announced yet was he?
    don't see it anywhere on their twitter?

he played last year i think?

• Advertisement

don't see it anywhere on their twitter?

he played last year i think?

Hmm strange, they definitely posted saying they can't wait to see RODHAD or something along those lines, but it appears to be gone now.

they've just (re-)announced him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

they've just (re-)announced him now.

What a start to the day. Buzzing off this.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Banging.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Extended set as well.

C'mon 12 hr Rodhad session.

RBMA day by day breakdown. That Sunday looks very good!

FRIDAY
    Room 19, Icicle (live), RePublik DJs, Ame, Sunil Sharpe, Ben UFO

SATURDAY
    Conor Feeney, High Contrast, Jasper James, The Cyclist, Luke Vibert, Ten Walls, Happa, Robert Hood

SUNDAY
    Optimo, Tome, Jordan McCuaig, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Oneman, Kidnap Kid, Derrick Carter, Skream

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

RBMA day by day breakdown. That Sunday looks very good!

FRIDAY
    Room 19, Icicle (live), RePublik DJs, Ame, Sunil Sharpe, Ben UFO

SATURDAY
    Conor Feeney, High Contrast, Jasper James, The Cyclist, Luke Vibert, Ten Walls, Happa, Robert Hood

SUNDAY
    Optimo, Tome, Jordan McCuaig, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Oneman, Kidnap Kid, Derrick Carter, Skream

Not terribly enamoured by Skream closing the Sunday. But other than that, yeah, I'm down.

I see Rodhad isn't listed there. Where's he going to be? D8 stage?

As been talked about on the Foo Fighters thread there is going to be major bus strikes happening on the weekend of Life, I wouldn't like to be a day tripper on the Sunday as apparently both Bus Eireann and Iarnrod Eireann will be striking. It looks like a three day strike too so it could fcuk up the Friday schedule.

http://nbru.ie/union/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/tmp_Screenshots_2015-04-22-22-44-021230703529.png

• Advertisement

A budgie told me that Life Festival is almost a month away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 D_R_G_7

Delighted MCDE is playing during the day.

Would have liked to see Sunil play just before Robert Hood, but what odds I guess. Rodhad will probably keep up his 'D8 residency' and hopefully play for as long as he can stand up.

Optimo first thing on the Sunday though … bit of a let down, would have liked to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

D_R_G_7 wrote: »
    Delighted MCDE is playing during the day.

Would have liked to see Sunil play just before Robert Hood, but what odds I guess. Rodhad will probably keep up his 'D8 residency' and hopefully play for as long as he can stand up.

Optimo first thing on the Sunday though … bit of a let down, would have liked to see them.

Where did you find the times ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Extended set as well.

C'mon 12 hr Rodhad session.

How could he possibly keep going for 12 hours.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Can only make it down late Friday and only have sat/sun ticket, couple of acts I wanna see Friday any chance of getting a ticket at the gate?

day breakdowns:

NjOHCzX.png

• Advertisement

Friday: Ben UFO, Ame. Jasper James (house) and Bobofunk (UK garage) are worth checking out too.
    Saturday: Robert Hood, Ten Walls. Groovement Soul might be worth seeing, they have a few different people who play under the name but usually excellent soul/funk.
    Sunday: Ben Klock, Rodhad

Advertisement