Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival - 29th-31st May 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just checking out this guy for the first time, I like what I'm hearing, will probably check out some of his set weather permitting.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Zec

Is there some reason why life, forbidden fruit, and slane are all literally on the same weekend? Would have liked to go to all 3 to be honest.

The Zec wrote: »
    Is there some reason why life, forbidden fruit, and slane are all literally on the same weekend? Would have liked to go to all 3 to be honest.

Its probably because its a bank holiday and it hits June, they are all on traditionally the same time each year, Life sometimes is the weekend before as in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Zec

Thanks, I think individually they would have all got more tickets sold if they were 3 weekends in a row for example.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

The Zec wrote: »
    I doubt there's much overlap of people that would go to Foo Fighters and Life festival. But FF and Life definitely have some overlap. I was suprised how electronic/DJ they made FF this year, considering the clash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Life has been on the weekend before the bank holiday for the last few years, so FF probably thought that they'd be on different weekends again, and were booking acts well before Life announced that they were moving weekends.

Could Surgeon be one of the surprise guests at Life, someone pointed out in the efestivals forum that he would be playing Dublin that weekend. He's hitting Twisted Pepper Dublin bank holiday Monday, so maybe he could still make an appearance. I notice Twisted Pepper is not listed as an official after party venue for Forbidden Fruit festival so I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up.

He is actually listed as 31st May Sunday in RA.
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/surgeon/dates

he's not playing Monday, Sunday as per the RA link is correct, also down as Sunday on bodytonic's site.
    he's playing Germany on Saturday night, so won't be at Life.

• Advertisement

Is it possible to make this weather static now for life festival, its gorgeous at the moment so I want it to stay like that when I go on site on 24th or 25th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Bacardi are running the stage down by the beach this year, they have released the day breakdown of their stage:

Bacardí Stage Line Up

Friday

Alle Farben
    Pick N Mix
    Home

Saturday

Frank B
    Bodytonic Dj’s
    Wigwam
    Benefit
    Souljam (Uk)
    Groovement Soul
    Galactic Beatclub

Sunday

Ben Klock
    Optimo
    Dj Nu-Mark (Jurassic 5)

http://nialler9.com/ben-klock-j5s-nu-mark-optimo-and-more-for-bacardi-stage-at-life-festival/

I'm afraid he is booked up for that weekend, playing Holland on the Friday, London on Saturday and Ibiza on Sunday.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/solomun/dates

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

I was looking at that myself. Tale of us being announced would really by the cherry on top of the cake.

So there might be hope still for Surgeon then, he might do an early set or an ultra late set. Isn't there a boast on the Life website that they have a stage going till 3 am on the Sunday this time, should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikeydublin

Carl Cox is the dream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Would love to see Surgeon added to the line up. Tore Cyprus Avenue in Cork apart earlier in the year.

Wouldn't be too pushed with Carl Cox and have nearly seen Solomun too many times at this stage.

Looking at the We are festival line up i'd be delighted with the addition of any of Dixon, Recondite, Tale of us, Ricardo Villalobos or Adam Beyer. Here's praying.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

14 sleeps !!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

This was to be my first trip to Life, but unfortunately my health is letting me down and I'm gonna have to give it a miss. Absolutely gutted. But I hope it's a fantastic weekend for everyone! Enjoy.

get well soon RTC! :)

this time 2 weeks I'll be gearing up for a bit of this :D

Enjoying this Eastern European DJ.

This was reported in the Mirror today about a girl left in critical condition after taking 3 tablets from a batch of fake ecstasy pills. So a word of warning they could be floating about Life festival too. http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dublin-teenager-fighting-life-hospital-5711038

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

This was reported in the Mirror today about a girl left in critical condition after taking 3 tablets from a batch of fake ecstasy pills. So a word of warning they could be floating about Life festival too. http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dublin-teenager-fighting-life-hospital-5711038

Are the questionable pills the mitzy pictured, or just a stock photo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

The headline reads 'dodgy ecstasy pills', but is there any other kind? They all come with some level of risk.

I don't partake anymore, but when I did I never bought off anyone I didn't know. I realise that was exceptionally cautious, but it served me well over the years. I simply cannot imagine buying pills off some anonymous dude in a club, without any idea of what channels he's working. When you're buying drugs, especially pills and powders, you need to be very, very careful.

My best wishes to that young girl.

• Advertisement

Are the questionable pills the mitzy pictured, or just a stock photo?

Not too sure but this is the photo in Joe.ie.

thinkstockphotos-514246015.jpg

Advertisement