Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival - 29th-31st May 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Not too sure but this is the photo in Joe.ie.

thinkstockphotos-514246015.jpg

Typical, lots of scaremongering, no mention of harm reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Have heard off two people in the past hour that it's not good news regarding that poor girl. Hope it's not true, it really is horrible news.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This Guardian report from January calls them Superman pills, known for being pink in colour and a triangular shape with an s logo stamped on each side. http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/jan/16/superman-pill-deaths-dangerous-drugs-alert-system

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there's loads of different ones containing PMA.
    calling them ecstasy pills is a bit of a misnomer. it's like being served a shot of anti-freeze and the report saying "dodgy alcohol".

best thing to do if you are going to take something is to buy from someone you know beforehand, and check on pillreports:
    http://www.pillreports.net/index.php?page=region_home&region=2&sub_region=47

don't buy off some randomer and don't double drop, or take another after an hour if you're feeling nothing. it takes a lot longer for the effects of PMA to be felt, and people usually end up having a few pills as they think they've got weak ones.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/warning-about-pma-pmma-drug-after-six-deaths-in-ireland-1.1832118

An awareness campaign to highlight the dangers of PMA/PMMA has been launched in response to deaths and hospitalisations involving the drug.

PMA/PMMA is in circulation in Ireland and is being “passed off” as ecstasy, although its effects are far more dangerous.

The Ana Liffey Drug Project has sent information and posters to drugs services, nightclubs, bars and music stores warning ecstasy users about PMA/PMMA and encouraging them to be aware about its effects.

At least six people who died between December 2013 and May 2014 in Ireland had PMA/PMMA in their system. The drugs have also been implicated in UK deaths.

PMA (paramethoxyamphetamine) and PMMA (paramethoxymethamphetamine) are amphetamine-based drugs, which are being sold as ecstasy, a drug that normally has the active ingredient of MDMA.

One danger of PMA/PMMA is that they are slower acting than MDMA, meaning the user may believe the pills they’re taking are weaker or duds, and so they take more. This danger is compounded by the fact that PMA/PMMA can kill at lower doses than MDMA as it is more poisonous.

It’s thought that PMA/PMMA is increasingly present in pills because it is cheaper or more readily available than MDMA.

“People who make these illicit drugs are using that substance [PMA/PMMA] and therefore there’s a risk,” Tony Duffin, director of the Ana Liffey Drug Project. “This is the danger with an illicit market; people aren’t really concerned about the health of their customers.”

The Ana Liffey Drug Project advises ecstasy users that if they suspect they or a friend has taken PMA/PMMA, to seek medical advice. They are also warning ecstasy users not to “double drop” (take two pills at once) given the potency of PMA/PMMA, and to avoid mixing drugs, as alcohol and other drugs, including prescribed drugs, can all interact dangerously with PMA/PMMA.

“The recent hospitalisations and deaths were the impetus,” Mr Duffin said of the information campaign, which includes posters asking ‘When is ecstasy not ecstasy? When it’s PMA/PMMA’, along with advice for drug users.

More information is available on the drugs and alcohol information and support website, Drugs.ie

A spokesman for the Garda said: “There have already been a number of deaths where this substance has been implicated in this jurisdiction. An Garda Síochána and the Health Service Executive are extremely keen to make people aware of the dangers of this substance so that further deaths can be avoided.

“The pills where this substance has been detected on analysis in recent months are green pills with the logo of an apple embossed on them, green pills with the logo of a Rolex symbol and also in white pills with a Mitsubishi logo.

“The reality is that, even aside from the three aforementioned pills known at this time to contain PMMA, other pills that come on to the illicit drug market may also contain this dangerous substance. PMMA has also been implicated in deaths in Ireland where it . . . was taken in powder form.”

Have heard off two people in the past hour that it's not good news regarding that poor girl. Hope it's not true, it really is horrible news.
    nope, she died today unfortunately :(

• Advertisement

These are the pills that Ana Hick apparently took, so watch out for these and read pill reports and consult the Bluelight forum.

newly-pressed-ecstasy-pills-called-red-chupa-chups-containing-around-E46F89.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

These are the pills that Ana Hick apparently took, so watch out for these and read pill reports and consult the Bluelight forum.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/205cf5577bda8eb5f2bb33cdaf75d114/tumblr_n3x64iGgkZ1smghnuo1_1280.jpg

I just read the other day that they tested positive for PMMA. Stay away.

I just read the other day that they tested positive for PMMA. Stay away.

Where did you see this have been checking regularly for the toxicology report which hasn't been released yet, do you have a link for this and are you really an engine? :)

Well I'm down for the festival build, I have to make my way there next Sunday 24th, the only bus I can get from Galway is the Bus Eireann one to Mullingar where you change at Athlone. For some stupid reason the bus doesn't stop at Mullingar on Sunday but at the stop after in Moate. Can anyone tell me how far Belvedere House is from Moate, was looking at google maps and it says its about 31 kilometres, I hope its OK for hitching, there seems to be local bus travelling through there so will need to try some of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Where did you see this have been checking regularly for the toxicology report which hasn't been released yet, do you have a link for this and are you really an engine? :)

Thinking back I think it was just speculation and not confirmed, sorry. But those Chupa Chups pills have definitely been tested positive for PMMA previously. However, I don't think it has been confirmed she took those pills.

Alas no. It comes from this song :) Disclaimer - Song does not contain Techno/House/Electro/Garage/Dub etc

• Advertisement

Has Life Festival sold out, I have folk asking me for tickets, but tickets seem to be still on sale.

http://www.life-festival.com/tickets.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

His much funds are people brining for the weekend?? Not including money spent on drink being brought in to camp site.

And also what booze are people bringing. I'll prob get slab of cans bottle of vodka and bottle of Buckfast. Prob bring around 150 cash with me for weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Casshern88 wrote: »
    His much funds are people brining for the weekend?? Not including money spent on drink being brought in to camp site.

And also what booze are people bringing. I'll prob get slab of cans bottle of vodka and bottle of Buckfast. Prob bring around 150 cash with me for weekend.

Probably bring around 30 cans and a bottle of whiskey. About the same amount of cash then after the bus has been paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

I'd be inclined to bring a bank card as well to be on the safe side. It's amazing how much money you can blow over three days at a festival, even if you've got all the essentials sorted beforehand.

new map:

xaPsFyx.jpg

i think the main stage is back where it was in 2013? last year it was around where District 8/Hunt & Gather are now.
    RBMA stage moved up where the there was a bar/food vans in previous years.

Bulmers thing replacing the Kopparberg place?

Do you reckon Life is like one of these gigantic electronic cheese omelettes from outer space, but without left indicators. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Damn, I like the Kopparberg bar, was always wans roaming around, handing out freebies of Kopparberg.

Probably the same with Bulmers, but I don't like Bulmers.

Looks like I might just go for the Sunday. MCDE, Optimo, Ben Klock and Rodhat. Do well.

The road to life beckons, off in a taxi at 3.15 and onto the Citylink Commuter bus from Galway to Dublin, getting off at Tyrrellspass and hopefully the volunteer coordinator is onsite and can come and pick me up, otherwise its just a 12.5 KM hitch to Belvedere House. Let my first festival of the season commence. Will be back online in 1st June Monday with a brief synopsis of what went down, followed by a blog review hopefully. :)

• Advertisement

Hopefully we don't see a repeat of the rivers of mud that had taken over by monday morning of last year. I remember it was absolutely torental when maya Jane Cole was playing main stage last year.

Hopefully we don't see a repeat of the rivers of mud that had taken over by monday morning of last year. I remember it was absolutely torental when maya Jane Cole was playing main stage last year.

Think it's looking set to be a wet weekend, and with all the rain we've had recently, the ground is very soft.

Twas like walking through soup last year.

well the last few days have been dry, and it's supposed to be dry enough until Wednesday too, so hopefully the ground will be ok
    unsettled after that but will have a better idea by Tuesday I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Anyone know if there's much Dnb at this ? Just had another quick scan though the lineup and I'm only seeing high contrast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Twigehh

Anyone know if there's much Dnb at this ? Just had another quick scan though the lineup and I'm only seeing high contrast.

There's also Icicle, but yeah serious lack of DnB this year. Luke Vibert may drop some Dnb also.

The liquid tent was my favourite stage last year, it will be missed.

There taking their time releasing stage times. Hopefully tomorrow.

There taking their time releasing stage times. Hopefully tomorrow.

Last year it was the day before, if I remember rightly.

well Bedlam put this up earlier, so at least we know District8 times for Sunday:

https://www.facebook.com/events/841307672583538/
    DAY:
    Follow The Call Of the Disco Ball!
    What better way to start your day with a spoonful of disco and cocktails over at the Discotopian Bar, which we are certain you will grow very fond of over the course of the weekend.
    Grooves will be provided by a local line up who will aim to revitalise you through the power of Party Tunes.

DAYTIME DISCO - DISCOTOPIAN BAR:
    3:00 - 4:00 Jonnie Foley
    2:00 - 3:00 Ciaran Martin
    1:00 - 2:00 Jack Kyo
    12:00 - 1:00 Dylan McCrum-lush

☾ NIGHT:
    When The Sun Goes Down.
    This is going to be the climactic end to your Life Fest experience, the cherry on top.
    With a range of great local talent to techno and house kings; this will certainly be the best send off to your weekend.

District 8 Stage:
    12:00 - Close RØDHÅD
    11:00 - 12:00 Conor Hanson
    10:00 - 11:00 Bri An B2B Emaleigh
    9:00 - 10:00 Jonnie Foley B2B Mark Byrne
    8:00 - 9:00 Conor Rainey (T3)

• Advertisement

definitely one for the wellies alright!

if only they hadn't moved it back a week this year, last weekend was lovely weather.

Advertisement