Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy MS software

• 15-12-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to buy a copy of Office 2013, the prices of various online retailers vary hugely, so does anyone have any recommendations where I could buy a license for best price?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ObeyTheSuit

Hey man,

I assume this is a home purchase?

If you have a kid in school you (they) can purchase an educational license which is cheap as chips. Nothing will beat that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭homer911

€90 from http://software4students.ie/
    or if your employer is a member of the Microsoft HUP (Home use programme) then its about €20

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Just remember if the price is too good to be true it probably is. Way too many dodgy sites out there.

If you can't afford a legit version of office then you might have to consider something like libreoffice which covers word, excel and powerpoint as long as you aren't using advanced features and don't need 100% compatibility (not that you'd get 100% between some versions of office but I digress)

Libreoffice doesn't include outlook. Then again if you need outlook for work then the server CAL may allow it's use - check with work, because letting you use work mail on a home computer is a security issue.

then again maybe you could get a license through this from work
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/licensing/software-assurance/home-use-program.aspx I cba looking up the terms and conditions Microsoft change them too often. So it might be US only or something.

Advertisement