Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Raw 15-12-14

• 15-12-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Reigns.jpg

He’s back, and the WWE locker room has officially been put on notice. He, of course, being Roman Reigns, who made a big statement at WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs … and Stairs by Spearing Big Show through a table and making a major announcement about his future plans. As the 2014 Superstar of the Year set his sights on the 2015 Royal Rumble Match — and The Grandest Stage of Them All thereafter — the fate of the No. 1 contendership to the WWE World Heavyweight Title was decided and the Divas division received a shocking shake-up.

Chris Jericho will be running the show tonight.

B4YoVkzIAAAnVj8.png:large

1. Y2-GM (Break those walls down again, baby! Chris Jericho’s back to run Raw this week, following Daniel Bryan and the Anonymous Raw GM as the latest Superstar to fill The Authority’s power vacuum. With power at his disposal and plenty of former friends and foes to play with, it’s anybody’s guess as to exactly what The Ayatollah of Rock ‘n’ Rolla has planned for the WWE Universe, but it’s likely to be something we’ll never, eeeeeeever expect, or forget. What will be Y2J’s first decree?)

2. Round Three (John Cena’s victory over Seth Rollins at WWE TLC means the 15-time World Champion’s status as Brock Lesnar’s No. 1 contender is still intact, and The Anomaly will meet the Cenation leader for the third time since SummerSlam at Royal Rumble 2015 with all the marbles on the line. Paul Heyman, who was at ringside for Cena’s win last night, didn’t seem thrilled at the prospect of putting his client up against “The Face That Runs the Place” for a rubber match, but it’s almost a given he’ll begin another barrage of mind games on Raw. What will the mastermind behind the most controversial World Champion in history have to say?)

3. Dean devoured (The two most twisted minds in WWE today stepped into a demolition derby and it was Bray Wyatt who walked out, defeating Dean Ambrose in a Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match by the narrowest of margins. Having fulfilled his promise to “dismantle” The Lunatic Fringe from two months ago, Wyatt now, once again, has the whole world in his hands. What will The Eater of Worlds choose to do with his fully restored power and momentum?)

4. Bella brutality (Well, nobody certainly saw that coming: Not only did Nikki Bella retain her Divas Championship against AJ Lee, she did so in uniquely fearsome fashion, blinding the 2014 Diva of the Year with some illicit substance to help her keep the title. With Nikki having raised the bar for flat-out aggression within the Divas division (AJ received medical attention as a result of the attack), it’s just a matter of which femme fatale will step up to meet her, head-on. Will Monday Night Raw shed more light on the ultra-competitive division’s future?)

5. Biggest dog in the yard (A few weeks ago, a call was put out for Superstars in the locker room to “step up.” Roman Reigns certainly did that at WWE TLC, giving Big Show a taste of his own medicine and declaring his participation in the 2015 Royal Rumble Match. That’s quite the one-two combo, and would certainly hint at future glory for the 2014 Superstar of the Year. But he’ll face no shortage of obstacles en route to his planned destination at The Show of Shows. Big Show will likely have something to say about Reigns’ return, as will Reigns’ former brother-in-arms-turned rival, Seth Rollins. Who will be the first to challenge the returning powerhouse?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I should be excited. Like really fcuking excited. It's the run up to perhaps my favourite WWE PPV of the year, The Royal Rumble. But I just don't give a sh1t. Like honestly, I don't have any care for the current WWE Main Roster product. I think the fact NXT is so amazing and the Main Roster is awful is a sign that Vince and the entire creative team who work on Raw, Smackdown and PPVs but not on NXT have to go. And soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The sooner Vince McMahon packs it in the better, he has no idea what's best for business anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Was just thinking will Adrian Neville debut soon?. Most likely in the rumble be cool if he started with ziggler or something. Yea they didnt really give to ****s last year about the rumble. Sure only del rio and batista said out loud they wanted to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I would love for Adrian Neville to debut tonight and defeat Alexander Rusev for the U.S Championship. Lana tweeted a picture of the European title with the up to date logo on it & #Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I couldnt care less for this Raw and Chris Jericho with his boring old routine hes been using since the 90's, except, im intrigued as to how Heyman will come up with fresh material for yet another confrontation with you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Only thing i'm curious enough to see is how long Vince and co insult our intelligence and try and shove Reigns down our throats.

Cena deserved the opportunity and he was good enough to be the top guy in 2005.

Reigns is literally a mid carder, at best. And everyone knows it. Everyone knows you could name half a dozen guys more worthy and more deserving.

What do you think is going through the heads of guys like Rollins, Ambrose, Ziggler, Cesaro etc?

It's staggering Vince questions Cesaro's charisma and mic skills and then Reigns cuts a promo...

Paul Heyman's promo will probably be the only good thing about Raw tonight, John Cena will do his usual shtick, serious at first proceeds to call someone Jack and then he goes all goofy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Only thing i'm curious enough to see is how long Vince and co insult our intelligence and try and shove Reigns down our throats.

To Wrestlemania..... and beyond

Reigns is literally a mid carder, at best. And everyone knows it. Everyone knows you could name half a dozen guys more worthy and more deserving.

What do you think is going through the heads of guys like Rollins, Ambrose, Ziggler, Cesaro etc?

It's staggering Vince questions Cesaro's charisma and mic skills and then Reigns cuts a promo...

This is 100% spot on, there are far more talented guys in NXT than Roman Reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I cant stand Reigns and I think it is because of how much he was shoved at us. I would be pissed if he wins the RR, I don't want to see him main event the next WM either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I suspect his cousin Dwayne has had alot to do with his push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm guessing the next two or three shows will be phoned in (more so than usual, I mean....) since it's Christmas.

Royal Rumble is on the 25th of January so they'll start hyping that seriously next year, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I cant stand Reigns and I think it is because of how much he was shoved at us. I would be pissed if he wins the RR, I don't want to see him main event the next WM either.

You better stop watching so. He's a shoe in for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

I would love for Adrian Neville to debut tonight and defeat Alexander Rusev for the U.S Championship. Lana tweeted a picture of the European title with the up to date logo on it & #Raw.

I'm hoping the USpean champ carries the belt into WrestleMania then it gets merged with the IC belt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Today's metsfan fanfic
    Coming out of the PPV last night, I've been told many in the company are not happy with the end result. While many knew it would be tough to top the NXT show, there were people who thought it could be pulled off.

There have been rumblings that some talent knew they couldn't top NXT so in a silent protest in favor of Triple H, some superstars were described "mailing in" their matches last night. Many are in favor of Triple H and what he has done with the NXT product and feel it is time for Triple H to take the lead on the main roster.

John Cena held a talent meeting about an hour ago which was described to me as forceful yet calm in his approach. Cena stressed that a silent protest is not what the roster needs. Instead, they need to go out there and start stepping it up every night for their point to be proven.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"Work your asses off, and maybe, someday, you can job to me in a match heavily weighted in your favor!"

Lord TSC wrote: »
    "Work your asses off, and maybe, someday, you can job to me in a match heavily weighted in your favor!"

Let's not assume this is real.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rovert wrote: »
    Let's not assume this is real.

0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,314 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Also remember Smackdown is also live tomorrow night at 1am if you can stay up for a 3rd night

• Advertisement

B48Ado2CUAAubSw.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,978 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watching the pre show and even Rowan is better on the mic than Regins lol

B48A6qyIcAEoS6O.jpg

Detroit don't love Paul Heyman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

A few boos audible when Rollins mentioned Roman Reigns.

Cena with the childish insult at Rollins expense

Succinct start to the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sounds like a cool main event.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sounds like a cool main event.

98a.gif

• Advertisement

23 minutes. A productive use of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Extreme Rules, No Holds Barred or a Street Fight. However am I supposed to choose :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

JBL: "no one is going to vote"

Cue Vince's head exploding at the Gorilla Position.

What is the point of that win.

Why do I still have to see Big Show winning matches going into 2015?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's all because the Authority aren't there. ;)

• Advertisement

Ridley wrote: »
    I'm hoping the USpean champ carries the belt into WrestleMania then it gets merged with the IC belt.
    If he loses the U.S title soon, then he can move into the main event, as people predict.

So the Bella's are heels but John & Bryan are faces.. How does that work on Total Divas?

I don't watch it.

Total Divas is presented as being reality, so none of that comes into it, except that it does sometimes. Actually the whole thing deals in some sort of pseudo reality, like Bret Easton Ellis.

Was the reunion of the Bellas ever explained with even a semblance of rational?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Now this could be a match

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

paconnors wrote: »
    Now this could be a match

Don't get your hopes up...

Please let Ryback finally get his hands on a championship. Amazing he hasn't held anything yet.

I think the commentary team had their mics cut after that last joke! :eek:

An File wrote: »
    I think the commentary team had their mics cut after that last joke! :eek:

Missed it, what was said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Why do WWE writers come up with gimmicks which pretty much guarantee the talent portraying the character, will fail and therefore never be taken seriously again?

Fandango is a prime example, the idea of a male ballroom dancer ever being taken seriously is a non runner. No matter how good he is. Its just not going to happen. My question is, how do ideas like this make the cut?

Kingston, Big E and Xavier Woods gimmick is another thats going to lead to instant burial. Happy smiley faces which will annoy the fans something shocking, whatever happened to street clothes and a bit of raw aggression. The Nation 2.0 would be perfect for these guys, throw in Titus instead of Woods and you have a group of disgruntled performers, talented but cast aside and willing to rattle a few cages.

Instead we are served this absolute nonsense, and you can guarantee they will be a heat/pop free zone for the duration of their "run".

Far too many gimmicks these days given to talented guys and they are simply doomed to fail before they even get started its nonsensical.

My question is, how do ideas like this make the cut?

Usually this guy when it comes to cheesy gimmicks etc.

Would you trust this man to build your character?

vince.jpg

Well this stable is going well.

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Missed it, what was said?

"I got a sweater for Christmas last year, but I asked for a screamer". :rolleyes:

"NXT" chants. :pac:

An File wrote: »
    "I got a sweater for Christmas last year, but I asked for a screamer". :rolleyes:

"NXT" chants. :pac:

:pac:

That HAD to be Lawlor surely.

JIMMY JACOBS AS A ROSEBUD

• Advertisement
Advertisement