Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 15-12-14

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CSF wrote: »
    Don't feed Rusev to anyone, his momentum should carry on til the title. Similar to Brock Lesnar. Imo if they hadn't put the us belt on him he should be winning the rumble.

Title or no title Roman Reigns is winning and was always gonna win the rumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Rusev losing the US title to An American at WM would make sense.

I just want the IC/US blts merged and I'd rather Rusev get toppled to a smaller guy who's good at getting beaten up. A Ziggler basically.

Same with Lesnar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Loughc wrote: »
    Title or no title Roman Reigns is winning and was always gonna win the rumble.

Not a matter of will, I know what will happen. I'm talking about what should happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rather than merging the IC/US title, why not keep the US title on Rusev and have him move into the world title scene with it? If he wins, he can fuse the two titles (i.e. drop the US title) and get a massive push. Or let him carry round two titles :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

If they're going to run with Ryback I think it should probably be him to beat Rusev. Every time Ryback gets popular, builds momentum and challenges near the top he gets beaten. He lost to Punk, Shield, Mark Henry at Mania (still can't believe how they did that) and then Cena. Then he became a Heyman guy and started losing to Punk all over again before finding himself in a dead end Midcard tag team. Even at Survivor Series he was the first person on his team to be eliminated despite going in with a tonne of momentum. If he comes out of a feud with Rusev without a win then I'd worry he'd be lost in the shuffle again and he might not get another chance at a run. But if they've no intention of pushing him to the top then Ryback is probably the perfect guy to put over Rusev next.

• Advertisement

Triple threat match on Raw, Rusev v Swagger v Henry. Ryback distracts Rusev allowing Swagger to pin Henry.

Achieved a great number of ends.

Rusev doesn't have belt that messes with potential booking opportunities, without looking weak. Similar to the Ambrose Battle Royal.

The right person holds the belt, and the right person to take it from Rusev after the last few months. Swagger's character could potentially make an increasingly irrelevant title, a bit more relevant.

Sets up and intensifies 2 feuds. The Ryback and Rusev feud becomes a bit more than just a random feud with very little reason for it. Swagger has the perfect first defence for his US title in Henry. The U.S. title could actually become about the US for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Fair point actually, wasn't the smartest booking decision. Triple threat maybe to take it off him?
    I'd like to see Jack Swagger take the title off of him. But it looks like they're moving Ryback in his direction now, so that could be pretty good if the match is going to happen at the Royal Rumble. I really think they are going to use it as an opportunity to give someone an initial push when they get called up from NXT. It could do a lot to make Adrian Neville popular in the eyes of the fans if he were to come up and beat Rusev by catching him off-guard. At this stage I am starting to get pretty curious about what's going to happen with Rusev as it's been going so long.

I'd like to see Jack Swagger take the title off of him. But it looks like they're moving Ryback in his direction now, so that could be pretty good if the match is going to happen at the Royal Rumble. I really think they are going to use it as an opportunity to give someone an initial push when they get called up from NXT. It could do a lot to make Adrian Neville popular in the eyes of the fans if he were to come up and beat Rusev by catching him off-guard. At this stage I am starting to get pretty curious about what's going to happen with Rusev as it's been going so long.

Whatever they do, I think it needs to have Rusev coming out looking like a WWE contender because that's what he should be and it would be a shame for them to screw it up like they have with others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Whatever they do, I think it needs to have Rusev coming out looking like a WWE contender because that's what he should be and it would be a shame for them to screw it up like they have with others.

As long as he stays away from Cena, he should be ok, but i feel a feud with him is inevitable, as Cena has to be the great american who beat the bad russian.

Advertisement