Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus IS220D Problem

Options
  • 15-12-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Guys, I have recently experiencing some problems with my 2006 LEXUS IS220D.

While driving, my car produces a huge amount of white smoke, and it always happen when the engine temperature reaches normal level, the smoke normally last 10 to 15 mins and then the car went normal again for another 20 mins, then a lot of white smoke for maybe 5 to 10 mins.

The car passed NCT in early October and because of this issue, I sent the car to Atlas Auto to diagnose the problem. However they did not find anything went wrong anyway and clam there were also BLUE SMOKE AND BLACK SMOKE.

However I am 100% sure it is just lots of white smoke with diesel smell. Definitely no blue/black smoke, no coolant leaking, no engine oil burning in a wired way, and it just serviced, perfectly when driving.

Is there anybody experiencing the same issue? or maybe understand what is wrong with it?

I appreciate all your helps.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

My is250 was producing so much white smoke when car is stationary in short trips regardless of engine temperature. There was no issue with the car.

Google says it is steam from water collected in exhaust. I guess exhaust design causes this and cold weather increases it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cyrus7753

kerten wrote: »
    My is250 was producing so much white smoke when car is stationary in short trips regardless of engine temperature. There was no issue with the car.

Google says it is steam from water collected in exhaust. I guess exhaust design causes this and cold weather increases it as well.

Really? My car was like covered by white smoke (reminds me smoke grenades in Call of Duty) and I even pulled over by undercover Garda once.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

cyrus7753 wrote: »
    Really? My car was like covered by white smoke (reminds me smoke grenades in Call of Duty) and I even pulled over by undercover Garda once.

It was similar for me when I was stationary at lights. A white cloud in reverse and side mirrors.

kerten wrote: »
    It was similar for me when I was stationary at lights. A white cloud in reverse and side mirrors.

That's exactly what I have. I have no idea if it is the head gasket problem or just need to clean the EGR Valve. Lexus Blackrock asks me over 200E to diagnose the issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭zwind

lots of car have white smoke in winter in traffic light. I think it's normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Pm me if you're stuck and want a free diagnostic. I'm in South Dublin and have main dealer software

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Sounds like you might have an injector issue, how is the mpg at the moment. Consumption is usually a good way to tell if your car is running correctly or not, I always keep an eye on mine ,always have since my first car.

Found this site after a quick google that might back up my statement .
    http://www.neptuneproducts.co.nz/shop/Smoke+treatments.html

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

cyrus7753 wrote: »
    I sent the car to Atlas Auto to diagnose the problem.

That bit was just humour, right...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭HandsomeDan

Are you sure it's not just water vapour, made more obvious by the cold?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

How are your coolant levels?

• Advertisement

Sounds like you might have an injector issue, how is the mpg at the moment. Consumption is usually a good way to tell if your car is running correctly or not, I always keep an eye on mine ,always have since my first car.

Hey Anthony, the MPG is actually normal at 9-11L/100KM, depends on motorways or city. I assume that the EGR Valve might somehow broken or dirty.

Are you sure it's not just water vapour, made more obvious by the cold?

I am 100% sure, the amount of smoke is absolutely abnormal and it also comes with strong diesel smell.

bear1 wrote: »
    How are your coolant levels?

I have been checking the coolant level for a month, it is between MAX and MIN all the time.

sumo12 wrote: »
    That bit was just humour, right...?

... They are kind useless... but they do have good reviews online tho..

Advertisement