Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOAL Miles

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Done in 6:20 this morning, delighted with that time

10882344_10205522365399998_1705200721439603058_n.jpg?oh=9a4dd44651352be2b95ecd4cb83301e9&oe=55067BB4&__gda__=1426316194_e6b850f037eb1c8ba26df4fbe8f08b23

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Delighted with the turn out and support for the inaugural GOAL Mile at Shanganagh Pk, over 100 took part and over €1k raised :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

niallo32 wrote: »
    There is a GOAL mile in Round Tower GAA grounds on Monastery road, Clondalkin between 11am-12pm on St Stephens morning.

All welcome. Dublin Football manager Jim Gavin is starting us off.

Only seeing this now unfortunately ! Live just down the road. Was it organised by Round Towers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

kit3 wrote: »
    Only seeing this now unfortunately ! Live just down the road. Was it organised by Round Towers ?

It was indeed. They agreed to not advertise around the area so as not to conflict with the other GOAL mile in Corkagh Park. Should probably look at doubling up next year.

It was indeed. They agreed to not advertise around the area so as not to conflict with the other GOAL mile in Corkagh Park. Should probably look at doubling up next year.

Maybe a text to their members ? I have 3 kids involved in 6 teams between them & am inundated with texts throughout the year ! Can't believe I missed this - spend more time than is good for me up there :)

• Advertisement

Maybe a text to their members ? I have 3 kids involved in 6 teams between them & am inundated with texts throughout the year ! Can't believe I missed this - spend more time than is good for me up there :)

It was on club website, Facebook (7.2k followers), Twitter and email list (are you on the list? If you want to get those mails send an email to info at roundtower.ie and you'll be included - thanks for feedback!

It was on club website, Facebook (7.2k followers), Twitter and email list (are you on the list? If you want to get those mails send an email to info at roundtower.ie and you'll be included - thanks for feedback!

Am on lists for the various teams & facebook specific to the teams the kids are on. Will get on the main one & that should sort it.

Shanganagh back again for year 2, if you are close by pop along on Christmas morning (09:30-09:40-09:50), facebook event page here alternative locations can be found here

There is a GOAL mile in Round Tower GAA grounds on Monastery road, Clondalkin between 11am-12pm on St Stephens morning.

All welcome. Dublin Football manager Jim Gavin is starting us off.

Is this happening again this year ?

Is this happening again this year ?

It sure is - 10.30-12

• Advertisement

It sure is - 10.30-12

Cool - did check your facebook page (I'm on the right one now ;) ) but I guess it's a bit early. Hope the weather is better than last year. Best of luck with it :)

Cool - did check your facebook page (I'm on the right one now ;) ) but I guess it's a bit early. Hope the weather is better than last year. Best of luck with it :)

Cheers - http://roundtower.ie/featured/goal-mile-2015-st-stephens-day/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Anyone know if there's one on in Greystones?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

• Registered Users Posts: 35 3D2S

There's also one on in Leixlip at the track at Le Cheile AC from 11am.

Always a fun morning on the lovely track. All welcome to participate between 11 and 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Weather permitting I'll drop down to the one in Tallaght.
    Trying to shift a cold and 10k in the freezing cold today didn't help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Ran the St Annes race this morning. Terrible weather but still good fun.

Course was a little short but I suppose the 'Goal one thousand, four hundred and 20 metre Run' just doesn't have the same ring to it..... so all is forgiven.

Good turn out at Shanganagh taking the weather into consideration, both participants and donations were up on last year.

Advertisement