Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Eatery

Options
  • 15-12-2014 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to get a gift voucher for a couple for somewhere special to eat....Somewhere you wouldn't really go yourself unless for a special occasion or if you want to spoil someone. Can anybody give me any suggestions? Doesn't necessarily have to be in Portlaoise but maybe not too far from that area? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

The Candied Walnut in Portarlington is fantastic and has won best restaurant in Laois the past 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Super thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

The Ashebrooke Arms in Durrow is also superb. As is Castle Durrow's restaurant.

Thanks that's brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

The Ashebrooke Arms in Durrow is also superb. As is Castle Durrow's restaurant.

Yes I would second this totally.
    I would give ashbrook first choice then castle durrow

The service and attention in ashbrook is only brilliant. I was there twice last week and it never disappoints!!!

• Advertisement

They are great reviews for the Ashbrook, I must def look at that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Having eaten in all three of the above i can say Ashebrooke is head and shoulders above the rest.

I enjoy Castle Durrow and Candied Walnut BUT i found the Candied Walnut to be style over substance overall.

Thanks that's sorted so I'm going to get a voucher for the ashbrook thanks a million:D

Advertisement