Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Aprillia pegeso 650

• 15-12-2014 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Lads im looking for anyone who has had one. Pros and cons etc etc. Possibly the 2006 modle. Im aware of the fuel injection problem between 2500 & 3500 rpm. Would I be right in saying it uses alot of bmw parts? And lastly it would mean getting rid of my 1994 cb400. Good move or bad? Main use is commuting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

Get a TransAlp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

mgadget wrote: »
    Get a TransAlp.

Thanks mgadget but im only asking cause a pegeso has come across my path which I would nnot need to put much money towards it. Seat height is also an issue. Im a short arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

When thinking of buying an Aprilla the best thing to do is just take your money and throw it in the fire. Its a less painful experience. :)

(Mostly) Joking aside, the Pegaso is a good bike. It has a strong Yamaha engine although the snatchy fuel injection is a bit of a pain. The screen is also pretty useless.

You need to keep on top of it and keep everything clean , lubed and in good knick because although the engine is strong, the rest of the bike can be prone to come apart.

Tzardine wrote: »
    When thinking of buying an Aprilla the best thing to do is just take your money and throw it in the fire. Its a less painful experience. :)

(Mostly) Joking aside, the Pegaso is a good bike. It has a strong Yamaha engine although the snatchy fuel injection is a bit of a pain. The screen is also pretty useless.

You need to keep on top of it and keep everything clean , lubed and in good knick because although the engine is strong, the rest of the bike can be prone to come apart.

Quality of the build does worry me alright. But I would be going from a 20 year old bike to a 9 year old bike. It also has better mpg. I might be able to trial the bike for a few days before I make up my mind so I can see how snatchy she is then. A power commander can sort this though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Worst plastics, worst electrics and worst reliability of any bike I've owned. Sold it for half what I paid and very glad to be rid of it. Reminded me of an 80's Fiat.

• Advertisement

gbob wrote: »
    Worst plastics, worst electrics and worst reliability of any bike I've owned. Sold it for half what I paid and very glad to be rid of it. Reminded me of an 80's Fiat.

Ah jaysus:( Looks like ill stick with my cb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Ah jaysus:( Looks like ill stick with my cb

I'd much rather a 20yr old Honda than a modern Italian bike. The only thing it shares with the BMW is the rotax engine in the earlier model. I've had the BMW f650 also and couldn't fault it. Despite the same engine.

Stick with the CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

Nonsense!!!
    The Pegaso of that era is superb bike! I personally owned a 2002 Peg Cube for 7 years, it was amazing. NEVER an ounce of trouble, flawless paintwork, a joy to ride and was totally reliable. Always started first stab of the button, even after sitting for weeks. I sold it to a good mate in work who now has it 5 years, so ive known the bike 13 years and he has never had a problem with it..They are awesome and I would buy another one for sure. The 2006 is also the same model Peg Cube I think? But carbed? The later one was the yamahae engined more modern looking bike? Anyway if its the same version with the Rotax 5 valve motor I would highly recommend it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Them CB 400's are grand yokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

How about a TDM?
    May not set the world alight but bulletproof and lovely to drive!
    Also,a miser on fuel!
    Cracker of a bike!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Thanks mgadget but im only asking cause a pegeso has come across my path which I would nnot need to put much money towards it. Seat height is also an issue. Im a short arse

Yes, they are basically a bmw f650.
    I like them, would make a good winter hack or working bike.
    Much lower than a Transalp if that's an issue, and a lot lighter too and easier to manage.
    I'd buy it over a f650 as its not a beemer!

Advertisement