Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The CM Punk, Best In The World, Award-For Best Poster

• 15-12-2014 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

Every year, we have a lot of posters who provide very good analysis, discussion, rants, raves and generally great posts to the thread. Below are the 10 posters some people on the PW forum think are the best.

Stereomaniac
    Lord TSC
    beakerjoe
    Moneymaker
    mrkiscool2
    JayKHunter
    ShagNasti
    Omackeral
    gnfnrhead
    Rosie1977

This is going to be done quite differently to the other awards as there is a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. So, in the interest of fairness there will be no poll. Instead, post on the thread who are your 3 favourite posters in order of preference

3rd place will receive 1 point
    2nd place will receive 2 points
    1st place will receive 5 points.

As with all the other threads, the voting will remain open for one week. Best of luck to all the nominees.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Just to make posters aware because I have received a few messages already there is NO poll on this award. You vote for your favourite posters on a 1-2-3 basis by writing them here, as shown

1st:Person X
    2nd:Person Y
    3rd:Person Z

5 points is awarded for a first, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd. That's how this will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

1st - Beakerjoe Makes me laugh and doesn't have to post in every thread to make me notice him. Good insights, humour, likeability and doesn't try too hard.

2nd - Stereomaniac A witty poster and a great character. Looking forward to more from this guy in 2015.

3rd - Moneymaker Definite mod in the making you would feel. Good knowledge and great outlook on the business.

Honorable Mentions: gerrybbadd, mrkiscool2, jaykhunter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think that proportional representation is one of the key reasons why this country is in the state it's in. So for that reason I am only going to vote for one person if that's alright. Omackeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭batnolan

rovert has to be nominated, surely?

I think that proportional representation is one of the key reasons why this country is in the state it's in. So for that reason I am only going to vote for one person if that's alright. Omackeral.
    Completely up to you but I would say no-one you vote for will be making any policy decisions on the PW forum :p
    batnolan wrote: »
    rovert has to be nominated, surely?
    Nope, he wasn't nominated by anyone. 7 out of the 10 people nominated only received a single one. Simple as. He is, however, up for a few other awards if you would like to vote for him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

1. Lord TSC

2. beakerjoe

3. Omackeral

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

1. Omackeral

2. Jaykhunter

3. Stereomaniac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

1 gnfnrhead

2 omackeral

3 rovert

I don't care if he wasn't voted, I like that guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

rovert.

CSF wrote: »
    1 gnfnrhead

2 omackeral

3 rovert

I don't care if he wasn't voted, I like that guy
    SlickRic wrote: »
    rovert.
    I'm going to come across as a rick d1ck now but I don't mind that. It's great you think rovert is a great poster, I do too. However, these votes won't count as he wasn't nominated. It's unfortunate but the nomination thread was open for longer than a week. That may seem petty and stupid but honestly? Thems the rules and we are sticking with them. There are 9 (not including myself here, don't want to sound pig-headed) other great posters to vote for here who were nominated fairly.

Anyway, my votes are as follows:

1. Moneymaker-A really great poster. Always has fantastic insight to the business and is someone whose posts I enjoy reading.

2. Lord TSC-Again, another poster who always has some great views that I enjoy reading. Was very close between the him and Moneymaker for the top spot

3. Jaykhunter-Once again, tight between him and beakerjoe but I just give it to Jay here. Really enjoy the OSW stuff and some damn fine moderating!

Honorable Mentions: Beakerjoe and Omackeral, two very funny posters who add some really great topics and discussion to the thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Completely up to you but I would say no-one you vote for will be making any policy decisions on the PW forum :p

Nope, he wasn't nominated by anyone. 7 out of the 10 people nominated only received a single one. Simple as. He is, however, up for a few other awards if you would like to vote for him :)
    You never know. Triple H is getting fairly obsessed with the internet this past year and he could be reading this as we speak, and reporting everything back to Linda in anticipation for 2016, which is also the 100 year anniversary of the Easter Rising, when the Americans are rumored to be taking over our country. Mark my words, the piss-up on O'Connell Street will be shocking, guards will be falling around drunk as the American soldiers move in and take us over after our 100 year trial at independence. Damn you Triple H. Damn you straight to hell ya bastard!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Rovert isn't even nominated? It's gonna be like Daniel Bryan not being in the Rumble all over again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

1. Lord TSC

2. Jayk

3. beakerjoe

Advertisement