Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new pump leaked into neighbour below

Options
  • 15-12-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Hi, I had a new power shower pump fitted by reputable company.
    The pump leaked once 3 weeks ago ish and the chap came back and tightened up a connection.

It has now leaked worse and possibly damaged my neighbours wooden floors.
    He is directly below me.
    How to proceed? I have heard the neighbour claims on block insurance, and sometimes this has a high excess which really my neighbour shouldn't pay.

Obviously I shouldn't pay either having had a pump supplied and fitted in the past few months, but I'm not going to fall out with a good neighbour over this, and if I have to I'll stump up.

Can he claim from my insurance? What about the tradesman liability?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

If the pump leaked because it was defective, or incorrectly fitted, the tradesman picks up the tab. Get his insurance details and discuss lodging a claim against it with your neighbour

Advertisement