Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Else Have This?

• 15-12-2014 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

We've changed around our living room to try and free up some space. The dog's basket has been moved to another corner, and his toy box is in the kitchen for now until the NY to accommodate the tree.

We had to push the sofas together yesterday to allow the tree to stand in the window.

Since yesterday, the dog's had the right hump! He doesn't like change anyway, but he's been in a strop all day. Not even his favourite Burns chicken dinner has changed his mind. And he won't fetch his toys from his basket in the kitchen...

Anyone else got a moody dog? :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

No but we have a moody cat for the exact same reason.

Normally we have a larger tree, and have to move the furniture around in such a way that one of the doors into the living room has to be kept closed, which really pisses both of them off.

This year we've gone for a more compact tree but it's in a direct line of the route that one of the cats uses to get to the window sill, so she's not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Alun wrote:
    No but we have a moody cat for the exact same reason.

same here. mine just cries for days and even tried to pull the tree down before. I never see her more stressed than when furniture is moved. Feel a bit sorry for her tbh

the other one is too stupid to notice or care :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My fella acts like furniture is out to get him if moved, refuses to go out without company if a storm blows furniture around garden, changed carpet for wooden floor and he refused to walk on new floor (same floor as hall, bedroom 1 and livingroom) and when extension was built, never minded until the roof was on, then refused to enter new bit until 3 weeks after my daughter started sleeping in it.

Huge tree in livingroom has never bothered him strangely.
    I think he's odd in a very odd way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My cats didn't really care. They'd be mildly interested, but no more than that.

The dog gets very precious. The furniture was moved round, but he was OK with having his basket moved, as the new position meant he could still see us.

The tree he likes and tries to help with putting up the deccies (!!). It's the fact he's lost his vantage point on top of the sofa under the window he hates! That sofa was moved to make way for the tree...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We have 2 sofas in the living room and 1 had to go into the kitchen in order to fit the Christmas tree into the living room. Usually Toby, 1 of our cats, sleeps on an old armchair in the kitchen in the mornings then moves into the living room to sprawl on the sofa thats now in the kitchen. He's not happy about the switch and has only started coming back into the living room over the past few days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement