Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran - 2015

Options
  • 15-12-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,605 ✭✭✭✭

I know he is doing a few dates in Wembley Stadium, any mention of any Irish show(s) yet for next year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Very doubtful because he is actually finishing off his current tour in Wembley. That's the only reason those dates were added, he's already done his Irish dates for this particular tour

• Registered Users Posts: 86,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Hope more info on the tickets situation comes out soon. Would love to be there!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hope more info on the tickets situation comes out soon. Would love to be there!

Only 400 tickets and demand to be huge. I hope they do a lottery system for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Lottery posted on Bargain Alerts

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057361109

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

She should have read the small print.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

lertsnim wrote: »
    She should have read the small print.

Indeed, as tickets go and I saw one of the E-Tickets and everything was above board and legal, although this is more common let's say in the UK it happens quite frequently.

For an event just as this and in such a small venue I would have made sure to have read every bit of literature that was supplied to me and would have read up on other previous Applause events, unfortunately these people have nobody to blame but themselves.

The Koko in London used to do similar styled shows and people would be queuing nearly 24 hours beforehand as they knew that the tickets Applause offered were not worth the paper they were printed on unless you were there ahead of the pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If there are only 400 tickets available why don't they give out 350 guaranteed tickets and 100 standby tickets? At least you know where you stand then.

I know it says it on all the tickets but I think it's unfair to people that have to travel to get to the wristband pickup so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

BaZmO* wrote: »
    If there are only 400 tickets available why don't they give out 350 guaranteed tickets and 100 standby tickets? At least you know where you stand then.

I know it says it on all the tickets but I think it's unfair to people that have to travel to get to the wristband pickup so early.

You can stand here and tell people they should've read the Ts&Cs all you want but with all the will in the world there's always going to be people who don't. The idea above would avoid a potential mini-riot and bad PR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

JJ wrote: »
    You can stand here and tell people they should've read the Ts&Cs all you want but with all the will in the world there's always going to be people who don't. The idea above would avoid a potential mini-riot and bad PR.

Exactly. If you're one of 400 people out of tens of thousands that get picked for tickets it's not unreasonable to think that those tickets actually get you into the gig. You hardly expect them to come with a sh1tload of extra conditions.

Mr and Mrs Robbie Keane were there. No doubt the applied like everyone else. I'd love to know how many people at the show actually applied and how many were "celebrities"

Mr and Mrs Robbie Keane were there. No doubt the applied like everyone else. I'd love to know how many people at the show actually applied and how many were "celebrities"

Gerard Keane also there

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

There were a few, press/celebrities/winners from comps were all upstairs (or supposed to be, some went downstairs) on the balcony. It was still mainly people that applied though, and those people are always going to get tickets for publicity reasons, the whole point is to bring back the TV show so they want hype.

Muir wrote: »
    the whole point is to bring back the TV show so they want hype.

Everyone on the rolodex must have been busy if it was Robbie Keane that was used for hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Everyone on the rolodex must have been busy if it was Robbie Keane that was used for hype.

It's an American TV show and he's pretty big there at the moment. It's gotten a lot of coverage so it seems to have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ashling1973

Disappointed to see certain "celebs" there whilst some unfortunates turned away after "winning" passes. But that s life

Muir wrote: »
    It's an American TV show and he's pretty big there at the moment. It's gotten a lot of coverage so it seems to have worked.

Only to anybody who watches soccer. Most Americans wouldn't have an iota about who Robbie Keane is.

Bell X1, Gavin James and Jamie Lawson his support for Croke Park gigs

• Advertisement
Advertisement