Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget setup

• 15-12-2014 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Looking at getting a budget but decent setup for Xmas.

Im going to order the Lepai LP-2020 amp from Amazon and nk Ill get Wharfdale 9.0 speakers to go with it. Is this a good match?

Also think i may get a subwoofer, what do you recommend? Must also be budget!

Going to run this music from my phone and TV, would a good DAC be make big difference? Anythimg Im missing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Or am I better at just buying a second hand amp like a Pioneer A209, would that be better than the Lepai? It looks like the Lepai may be difficult to connect to a sub, the Pioneer should have no problem with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭knickerbocker

LG1234 wrote: »
    Or am I better at just buying a second hand amp like a Pioneer A209, would that be better than the Lepai? It looks like the Lepai may be difficult to connect to a sub, the Pioneer should have no problem with it
    The pioneer would be way better.... totally different league. The Lepai would be more suited for driving computer/desktop speakers, single input, low power.
    No comparison, go with the Pioneer..... but of course have a look on adverts, there's many a bargain to be found there.

Advertisement