Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unofficial banned subjects on motors by mods

Options
  • 16-12-2014 12:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭

Just wondering would the mods please list here, the thread subjects that they like to unofficially ban/ close threads without any prior notice thanks....
    Let me help you;
    1. Fog light discussions....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭DoomZ

Will the thread be closed.....they don't like free speech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Fog Lights, Roundabouts, Banned Members.

Want free speech? Start your own site

• Registered Users Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Motor tax
    VRT
    Fog lights
    Banned members

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Try reading the charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Trolls...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

MJYfVOT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Interslice wrote: »
    MJYfVOT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Try reading the charter.

OP said unofficial things, wouldn't the charter be official rules?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

corsav6 wrote: »
    OP said unofficial things, wouldn't the charter be official rules?
    * No "why do people not turn off their fog light" threads - they have been done before. Read THIS instead

Shocking stuff, that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Shocking stuff, that.

I don't follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to Feedback from Motors, because another rule is to not discuss moderating in the forum itself. Hence we have Feedback forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

DoomZ wrote: »
    Will the thread be closed.....they don't like free speech.

oooooh ooooooh lets play "spot the bloke with the recently locked thread!"

I win!

seriously though, each forum has a set of topics that get done to death. repeatedly. and every so often someone who hasn't read the previous threads will come along and start a new one convinced that they are original and no-one has discussed this before....ad nauseum. it happens. the mods lock the thread before any trench warfare can be resurrected or any group can be officially offended as may be the case depending on the topic.

some of these topics are essentially troll bait. tried and trusted arguments that trolls know cause deep disagreement among the locals and so they use them to kick off a fight and then sit back and watch the fun. Others are just so basic that they are constantly being rehashed and the same voices are heard having the same disagreements with almost identical posts.

usually these topics get locked with no further action.

In this case, your topic was in the charter so really , you have no cause for complaint here. You should have read the rules of the forum before you posted in it.

(hint: its the thread titled****MOTORS CHARTER - Read before going further****)

and the rule your thread broke was listed as number 5. its not even halfway down the page!

LoLth wrote: »
    oooooh ooooooh lets play "spot the bloke with the recently locked thread!"

I win!

seriously though, each forum has a set of topics that get done to death. repeatedly. and every so often someone who hasn't read the previous threads will come along and start a new one convinced that they are original and no-one has discussed this before....ad nauseum. it happens. the mods lock the thread before any trench warfare can be resurrected or any group can be officially offended as may be the case depending on the topic.

some of these topics are essentially troll bait. tried and trusted arguments that trolls know cause deep disagreement among the locals and so they use them to kick off a fight and then sit back and watch the fun. Others are just so basic that they are constantly being rehashed and the same voices are heard having the same disagreements with almost identical posts.

usually these topics get locked with no further action.

In this case, your topic was in the charter so really , you have no cause for complaint here. You should have read the rules of the forum before you posted in it.

(hint: its the thread titled****MOTORS CHARTER - Read before going further****)

and the rule your thread broke was listed as number 5. its not even halfway down the page!

Not even a link to the charter??? pffffft how is the OP supposed to find it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In fairness, when OP in PM asked me why thread was locked I said it was an unofficial rule (totally forgot we actually had it in the charter already).
    It's just such a well known banned topic in Motors I kinda forget not everyone knows about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Banned subjects should definitely include slow drivers. That thread (and it has crept up many times) always goes the same way and its never pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

biko wrote: »
    In fairness, when OP in PM asked me why thread was locked I said it was an unofficial rule (totally forgot we actually had it in the charter already).
    It's just such a well known banned topic in Motors I kinda forget not everyone knows about it.

maybe an edit to the charter to make the "please don't" list a bit more obvious?

its easy enough to miss it as it is because its in among the rest of the rules.

perhaps a post in the charter thread that can be linked to directly when pointing out a transgression? (so there's absolutely no confusion or guessing).

Advertisement