Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone bought number plates from micksgarage?

Options
  • 16-12-2014 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

I recently failed my NCT for the fonts on my number plates being too short in height - 55mm vs the legal requirement of 70mm.....
    micksgarage do a good deal for 6.95 per plate. they state the plates are fully road legal and correspond with Vehicle Registration and Taxation (Amendment) Regulations, 1999

but the mock up on their website doesnt show any county name in irish at the top of the plate, and the act says its required.

has anyone bought plates off micksgarage and do they have the county included at the top? I dont want to fail again for another ridiculous requirement that has no impact on road safety whatsover

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,229 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cannot vouch for micksgarage plates but would you not get them made up there and then in a local motor factors? At least that way you will know before they are printed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

ya i could but mickgarage seem to be way cheaper that anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Got ones before for a trailer, exact same as the car except the cheaper option said micks garage at the bottom. You could email and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭cdev

My 12 year old rear reg plate failed the NCT because the Irish county name had worn off. The plate was a bit worse for wear anyway so I replaced with a micksgarage €6.95 one.

The micks plate was grand (the Irish county name is on the top). NCT passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

perfect thanks for that

failing for a faded county name is a complete joke....its not like you'll be able to slip past speed cameras

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yes they have the County name as Gaeilge on the plate.
    I didn't like the Micksgarage tag on the plate so I cut it off and sanded it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

I got mine from here, great quality and quick delivery.

http://www.plates365.com/home/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Halfords are about 12 a plate if you need them quick but most motor factors can also sort it out while you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bren11

Paid €15.99 for one in Halfords, that I needed urgently.
    Also think it was an observation for NCT with a faded county in Irish on numberplate. Tester at NCT gave me clear adhesive tape with county printed on it to stick on both plates.

• Advertisement
Advertisement