Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Americana/folk jam circle

Options
  • 16-12-2014 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Recently moved back to Ireland from USA and really missing the acoustic folk jam circles. Sitting around in a circle singing and playing 3-4 chord songs and improvising breaks over the chord progression...

Not much of that going on in Galway from what I can see. Would love to be proved wrong. If not, would be interested in getting something going.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CSeale

Would love to get involved in something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 22 seanmcgrath42

CSeale wrote: »
    Would love to get involved in something like this

Great! PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

Am interested in this. Any venue or meeting organised soon?

No meeting organized, so best way to sort that would be to organize one:-)

Anybody around Saturday evening earlyish?

• Advertisement

No meeting organized, so best way to sort that would be to organize one:-)

Anybody around Saturday evening earlyish?

I should be around then. Any venue in mind?

Pick a time and a place and I will meet you there!

Pick a time and a place and I will meet you there!

I'm not aware of any suitable place in the city. Do you have any ideas?
    We could try the forge recording studio but there will be a cost involved.

I was thinking we could just meet up in a pub/cafe to discuss. If we can get some people together and interested, we will hopefully then be able to throw out ideas for venu. I have a couple of thoughts on it, but would prefer an F2F meeting to get things kicked off.

Sean

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 CSeale

I was also inretested in this if you guys could let me know when and where you choose to do this

CSeale wrote: »
    I was also inretested in this if you guys could let me know when and where you choose to do this

PM sent.

Well. There appears to be some interest. How about a face to face meetup this weekend? Saturday. Padraigs Place, 6pm anyone?

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭NauP

Sounds interesting. Did ye meet up yet? Met you at a session with Nora in Spideal recently (Bouzouki)

Hi!,
    No meetup has happened yet. But 4 people now interested so hopefully we can get something going. I will try for another meetup hopefully next weekend.
    Sean

First meetup is next Wed @ 7:30. PM for details.
    Recently moved back to Ireland from USA and really missing the acoustic folk jam circles. Sitting around in a circle singing and playing 3-4 chord songs and improvising breaks over the chord progression...

Not much of that going on in Galway from what I can see. Would love to be proved wrong. If not, would be interested in getting something going.

First meetup happened last night. Plan is for it to be a regular event. Every Wed at 7:30 in the Youth Building beside Bearna Church. Best way to keep tabs on it is on Facebook page Galway Jam Circle (put galwayjamcircle after facebook.com)

Advertisement