Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking - Pakistan School Attack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Sky News reporting 6 dead and 40 injured.

They have now said 20 dead. Poor kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Imagine targeting kids, knowing they can offer the least resistance.
    Shows these cowards for what they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Why always kids?? Like a school ffs. Why?? I hope no more get hurt, oh its just heartbreaking!

Stupid effin extremist BS religion fanatics, I hope they get caught and put somewhere where they are tortured every day and not let go to their precious heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Why always kids?? Like a school ffs. Why?? I hope no more get hurt, oh its just heartbreaking!

Stupid effin extremist BS religion fanatics, I hope they get caught and put somewhere where they are tortured every day and not let go to their precious heaven.

A little girl with a book is more terrifying to islamists than any US fighter jet.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Religion of peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

I hate religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Attacked a military run school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

21 dead now. So sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

I threw our the TV last year, at least now I can choose when to watch to the news.

It's terrible for kids to hear how evil people can be from the TV news

• Advertisement

worded wrote: »
    I threw our the TV last year, at least now I can choose when to watch to the news.

It's terrible for kids to hear how evil people can be from the TV news

Might want to throw out your history books too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Not just kids, but kids attending schools.

These fundamentalists can't stand the idea of children getting educated. They know that the more people learn about science and history and philosophy and geography, the less likely they are to accept their theocratic dogmatic medieval religious views.

The worst kinds of human scum imaginable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

ffs, what's wrong with the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ffs, what's wrong with the world

Religion basically, nothing but trouble all throughout history and set our technology and science discovery back 100s of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

20 dead, 500 held hostage but sky news still have the death of 2 in yesterdays siege as the lead story, I guess the brown kids don't matter as much.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

iDave wrote: »
    A little girl with a book is more terrifying to islamists than any US fighter jet.

Although a point, if these attacks are designed to affect us emotionally, to deter or to just make a statement we'll listen to, attacking our children is about as direct to our emotions as we can get. Plus they're usually a softer target than the local military base or police station.

20 dead, 500 held hostage but sky news still have the death of 2 in yesterdays siege as the lead story, I guess the brown kids don't matter as much.

It's the fact these are innocent children and it's like the story is an after thought that is frightening. The world sickens me at times tbh.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Religion basically, nothing but trouble all throughout history and set our technology and science discovery back 100s of years.

This post can f*ck off and when it gets there, it can f*ck off some more.
    Pure BS.

Such an ignorant post, you know for a long time science and Islam were hand in hand.
    In chriatianity, Isaac Newton staunch Protestant,

People with religion have helped society leaped forward,not the other way around.

RIP to all the victims.

Although a point, if these attacks are designed to affect us emotionally, to deter or to just make a statement we'll listen to, attacking our children is about as direct to our emotions as we can get. Plus they're usually a softer target than the local military base or police station.

They are fu cking cowards. They speak for nobody or any religion and are a disgrace to all humanity. I hope they die screaming and roaring in severe pain.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Might want to throw out your history books too.

TV is all engaging with images of kids and adults murdered with violence.
    My 4 year old doesn't need to hear and see stuff like this.

We can all pick up history book when we choose, you can't get away from a TV

• Advertisement

We can all pick up history book when we choose, you can't get away from a TV

Didn't you throw yours out? Or is it possessed and trying to squeeze through the cat flap of your house at this very moment?

The coverage is sickening. Could be at least 25 dead now. Dark day for the world.

I've the internet and I saw a 90 second clip of the ending of the shout out out of ear shot of my kid

My kid went to school not hearing about other kids being murdered in their school.

I can choose what news I want to read or see on the www unlike a TV
    And it's not on repeat.

Did you hear about the sky news doll for Xmas ?
    Just pull the string on the back and it keeps repeating itself.

So now I will disengage from this thread and go about my day, try that with a TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

I've the internet and I saw a 90 second clip of the ending of the shout out out of ear shot of my kid

My kid went to school not hearing about other kids being murdered in their school.

I can choose what news I want to read or see on the www unlike a TV
    And it's not on repeat.

Did you hear about the sky news doll for Xmas ?
    Just pull the string on the back and it keeps repeating itself.

So now I will disengage from this thread and go about my day, try that with a TV

Its also unhealthy to give them such a sheltered view of the world , evil , nastyness and danger exist.. Its better that you tell them and can control their first exposures to this kind of atuff , They will find out one way or another .. Especially with the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I wonder how America is responsible for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

but surely they are aware it will incur an out of proportion response for purposely targeting children compared to other forms of attack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Those poor fcuking kids. Those who survive will be messed up for life.

Jesus, what a horrible way for the poor children to die :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Those poor fcuking kids. Those who survive will be messed up for life.

Exactly, once the cameras leave we forget about these things. remember Beslan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Pure BS.

Such an ignorant post, you know for a long time science and Islam were hand in hand.

People with religion have helped society leaped forward,not the other way around.

RIP to all the victims.

There is a difference between what people with religion do and what people do in the name of religion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

any selfies yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Latest figures are now 104 killed (including 84 students) in the Peshawar school attack, according to chief minister KPK Pervez Khattak.

BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

papu wrote: »
    Its also unhealthy to give them such a sheltered view of the world , evil , nastyness and danger exist.. Its better that you tell them and can control their first exposures to this kind of atuff , They will find out one wagy or another .. Especially with the internet

That's exactly what that poster is doing, protecting their children's level of exposure. That's their right as a parent. Childhood is short enough without talking to a 4 year old about mass killing over cornflakes. I don't know how old that poster's kids are but I don't see anything wrong with having your home a haven from violence. I don't think a lot of people even realise how much negativity a rolling TV exposes a child to.

Sheltered ? I'm very well informed on what I need to know and control when I want to know it. There is informed and then there is saturated

My kid is 4. There is time enough to know about evil. For now there is innocence and santy and imagination.

The media and TV bear no regard for young eyes and ears listening to this stuff.
    Highly graphic violent news should be after 8 IMHO

I'm appalled as an adult abut what has happened, but as a child I don't remember being as saturated with news like this. Perhaps my parents did the same for me.

I will do what I think is right for my kid. Way too young for shock news.

It's play time for a 4 year old and schools are safe place to learn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

From that BBC report
    As soon as the firing started, we ran to our classrooms," he said. "They were entering every class and they were beating the children.

Sickening.

Talleban was never going to gone away in a hurry. Still causing terror. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

It's the lead story on their website.

http://news.sky.com/

• Advertisement

Sky were talking to someone earlier who said Taliban were shooting the older children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Pure BS.

RIP to all the victims.

Take away newton's faith and he still changes the world. Take away all religion and the world is immediately a better place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Up to 500 children taken hostage in a military school in Peshawar, Pakistan.
    You'd think they'd be able to put some of what they have learnt in to practice in a situation like this. Questions have to be asked of the curriculum here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Take away newton's faith and he still changes the world. Take away all religion and the world is immediately a better place.

People have killed millions in the name of other causes and atheism, to put the blame at the feet of religion is pure BS and a very disingenuous post.

For all you know Newtons faith was a part of his driving force, it made him the man he was,

The simple atheist dogma of removing the religion from the world is to remove a huge chunk of peoples culture, history, identity and part of what makes them the person who they are.

The world would be a far worse place without religion in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

K4t wrote: »
    You'd think they'd be able to put some of what they have learnt in to practice in a situation like this. Questions have to be asked of the curriculum here.

lots of army bases have schools ffs, they don't school the children in military tactics, they follow a normal curriculum, for the children of members of the armed forces.

It's totally normal, and doesn't need to be "questioned". :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

People have killed millions in the name of other causes and atheism, to put the blame at the feet of religion is pure BS and a very disingenuous post.

For all you know Newtons faith was a part of his driving force, it made him the man he was,

The simple atheist dogma of removing the religion from the world is to remove a huge chunk of peoples culture, history, identity and part of what makes them the person who they are.

remind me again how many people have been killed in the name of atheism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Oh wait.

k4t was being "funny" in a thread about murdered children.

good show k4t, hope you feel good about posting that hilarious joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: Folks, let's not go down the "Religion bad, atheism good" road. Stick to the topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Oh wait.

k4t was being "funny" in a thread about murdered children.

good show k4t, hope you feel good about posting that hilarious joke.
    I feel great thanks.

That's exactly what that poster is doing, protecting their children's level of exposure. That's their right as a parent. Childhood is short enough without talking to a 4 year old about mass killing over cornflakes. I don't know how old that poster's kids are but I don't see anything wrong with having your home a haven from violence. I don't think a lot of people even realise how much negativity a rolling TV exposes a child to.

Exactly. My kid asked about news in the grandparents house while paying with Lego .... Just audio ....

Someone died dad ... What happened? Ah just an accident love.

A 4 year old can't contemplate evil and murder.

Childhood is short, exactly my point.

I want to promote love which is all around us, angels everywhere, not hate.

Please you tube Carlos Santana live gigs if you want your spirits lifted.

Love and Peace everyone
    Unsubscribing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Tugboats wrote: »
    any selfies yet?

WTF?

It's being reported now that 84 children are dead. 84!
    They are the lowest scum on this Earth, yesterday the Australian siege.
    Then there has been 6 killed in a shooting spree in the US and now the Taliban come out and murder (so far) 84 children, And for what?
    84 families destroyed in a matter of hours.
    My heart goes out to all of them.
    ****ing scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Religion of peace

Considering they are killing people who are Muslim what this highlights is that they are hypocrites and extremists. Labeling a whole religion because of zealots is lazy and it is dangerous.

These people are warped and they are scared because education of the next generation will turn people away from their medieval interpretation of Islam and diminish any support that they can hope to gain. If you allow their actions influence your opinion that every member of a religion is evil because of the acts of a extreme minority then they have succeeded in their goal.

News sites are reporting more that 100 killed now, most of them children. As a father to a young boy this is abhorrent news and my thoughts are with the survivors and the families of the victims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Doesn't make much sense though. Pakistan overall has been pretty friendly towards extremist Islamic organisations, harbouring many of them in the region and this is pretty much guaranteed to turn the tide against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Newtons belief in Alchemy was just as influential and just as accurate as his belief in god.

Newton was a genius, but he was still a man and one with a great many personality flaws by all accounts.

The great thing about science is that we can build on knowledge and discard the hypothesis that are not supported by evidence or experimentation.

Gods were a nice hypothesis for a while, but they have been overtaken by the scientific method

These islamicists targeting childrens education know they can not win the argument by force of reason, so they are using violence and terror to keep people ignorant of everything that challenges their belief system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Absolute motherf***ing b@stards. They were just babies.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement