Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking - Pakistan School Attack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Doesn't make much sense though. Pakistan overall has been pretty friendly towards extremist Islamic organisations, harbouring many of them in the region and this is pretty much guaranteed to turn the tide against them.

We can only hope it does. But unfortunately, in the context of retaliation for the North Waziristan offensive (for that is what the Pakistan Taliban are saying that it is), their supporters will probably see this as a great strategic victory and a well-deserved kick against the Pakistani military establishment.

It'll be a case of "Sorry about the innocent kids, but this is war, and the ends justify the means".

And in their minds, God will approve also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

This is tragic, it really puts things in perspective compared to the Sydney incident. People often wonder what drives people to do horrible **** like this. I think this verifies that Violence begets more Violence.

There is speculation that this was a revenge attack for Pakistan's campaign in Waziristan.

Xios wrote: »
    There is speculation that this was a revenge attack for the Pakistan's campaign in Waziristan.

Al-Jazeera are quoting a Pakistan Taliban spokesperson confirming this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Can someone get onto Islam & ask them what the hell their problem is?

Most muslim people will be just as appalled today as anyone else.
    Most Muslim people love their children and value education.

The problem is Islamicism, which is a political movement as much as a religious one, one where the goal is to replace democracy with theocracy

As with all religions, the fervently more people believe in their religious dogma, the more likely they are to hold extremist views of one sort or another.

Moderate muslims really need to stand up and make a clear distinction between their modern interpretation of what Islam means to them, and the extremist medieval interpetation of the fundamentalist islamicists.

We should not target all muslims, but those who vocally express support for these fundamentalist ismaliciast ideals should absolutely be challeneged at every opportunity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I cannot even remotely think of what they are trying to achieve by doing something like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Reports that each child was shot 3 to 4 times each. So effing sad :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

This is hardly even being reported on the media. I found out about the siege in Australia nearly straight away and if it wasnt for this thread I would even know this was happening. I fcuking hate these extremists.

deadybai wrote: »
    This is hardly even being reported on the media. I found out about the siege in Australia nearly straight away and if it wasnt for this thread I would even know this was happening. I fcuking hate these extremists.

Top story on RTÉ

http://www.rte.ie/news/todays-headlines.html

I cannot even remotely think of what they are trying to achieve by doing something like this.

I can only speculate, but I would imagine it will be to send a message like this:

"Dear Pakistan Army, despite evacuating half a million people from North Waziristan over the summer in order to target militant groups, and killing over a thousand of us, throwing everything you can at trying to oust us from the area, you have not succeeded so please don't do it again or we'll target more soft targets."

It'll fail, of course - things have suddenly become a lot worse for the people of North Waziristan, whatever their politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

deadybai wrote: »

This is being reported by loads as the top story :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 shirazhyder84

F***king bastards!!!!!!!! Really do not know how to express my anger towards them. I am a muslim and a Pakistani and I do not believe the guy who was involved in Yesterday's siege and the guys (Talibans) involved in killing the innocent school kids Today are muslims. They are just bunch of retards who should be shot down on first sight!!!

Pakistan army has started an operation against these bastards last year with an aim to shoot on sight and no negotiations policy and I fully back my army to kill these scumbags as soon as possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Just when you think things can't get any worse.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    This is being reported by loads as the top story :confused:

just seen it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

This is fcuking disgusting. Would the world be a better place without religion? I think so. It has warped the minds of so many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Why always kids?? Like a school ffs. Why?? I hope no more get hurt, oh its just heartbreaking!

Because whereas they may well be psychotic scumbags they aren't stupid psychotic scumbags - they know full well that education is their biggest threat. Can't have the peasants finding out their nonsense is just that, nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Honestly, sometimes you'd have to wonder about humanity in general. There's a very, very nasty, self destructive streak.

These kinds of atrocities are just the very worst aspect of humanity on display. It's very worrying to think that anyone could go in and just blatently murder kids for any reason.
    It just cannot be rationalised.

The one thing that these psychos don't seem to understand is that people won't just follow you because you're terrorising them.

This is fcuking disgusting. Would the world be a better place without religion? I think so. It has warped the minds of so many.

Unfortunately yes but there isnt anything anyone can do about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Horrible horrible tragedy.Brings back memories of the slaughter of children in Gaza this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

worded wrote: »
    TV is all engaging with images of kids and adults murdered with violence.
    My 4 year old doesn't need to hear and see stuff like this.

We can all pick up history book when we choose, you can't get away from a TV

Is your child's view of the world more precious than the lives of other children? Why should this be hidden from the world? How can we fight against something if we don't know about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I remember as a kid watching films like star wars and seeing evil portrayed as a manically laughing black-clad boogeyman figure who seemed to just be evil for the sake of being evil. Then you get older and you learn that the world is not so black and white and that people do evil for different reasons and often under the illusion of doing good. And then you read something like this and you realise that you actually had it right the first time - there really are just some horrifically evil and downright awful people out there who need to be taken out of the world asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

F***king bastards!!!!!!!! Really do not know how to express my anger towards them. I am a muslim and a Pakistani and I do not believe the guy who was involved in Yesterday's siege and the guys (Talibans) involved in killing the innocent school kids Today are muslims. They are just bunch of retards who should be shot down on first sight!!!

Pakistan army has started an operation against these bastards last year with an aim to shoot on sight and no negotiations policy and I fully back my army to kill these scumbags as soon as possible.

Exactly as I thought..
    Representing nobody, just a 'gang' of inbred scum-bags.. The lowest of the low, who were reared in the gutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I guess this is a retaliation against the Nobel Peace Prize being given to the girl (Malala) who survived the shooting. The West thought that somehow giving an accolade to the girl in a highly publicised and politicised manner would have a positive affect on the situation in these lands - well the Taliban have responded resolutely that the West's interfering in their affairs can not effect such change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Will the " one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" brigade show up I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Will the " one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter" brigade show up I wonder?

Bit of a strawman that.

Don't really think anyone is going to show up to defend their actions. Now is not the time for point scoring with almost 100 dead children.

RIP to them all.

And I sincerely hope the individuals who perpetrated this catch something incurable. Like a bullet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

This is an attack on the army, but they figure it is much easier to attack their kids than to attck them directly.
    This is an army run school beside an army housing compound.
    Thus one would think it is full of the kids of army personnel.

The army have stepped up their fight against the taliban in North Waziristan and the Khyber area in Pakistan and this is the taliban's response.
    Because whereas they may well be psychotic scumbags they aren't stupid psychotic scumbags - they know full well that education is their biggest threat. Can't have the peasants finding out their nonsense is just that, nonsense.

It is not just education, if it was they could hit any school.
    This is aimed directly at the army.

Imagine being out in the field fighting these gimps only to be told your kids back at base have been slaughtered whilst in school.

I am not allowed discuss …

I'm not really sure you have any point whatsoever. The Taliban clearly have a support base that agrees with their bolloxology. This is not some sandy hook style loners with a gun fetish bullshít.
    There are people somewhere sitting and watching this and thinking well done. They're deluded fúcking arseholes, but they are there and that fact kind of makes your point, well pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭sjb25

Fcuking scumbag bastards not able to fight against an army so let's go kill some kids coz they won't fight back every single one of these guys should be hunted down an killed if the Pakistan army needs help they should be givin everything they want I'm not ranting against Muslims before it's said these guys are not Muslims they are just fcuking scum like they guy in Sydney need to be blown to bits the lot of them

sjb25 wrote: »
    Fcuking scumbag bastards not able to fight against an army so let's go kill some kids coz they won't fight back every single one of these guys should be hunted down an killed if the Pakistan army needs help they should be givin everything they want I'm not ranting against Muslims before it's said these guys are not Muslims they are just fcuking scum like they guy in Sydney need to be blown to bits the lot of them

:confused::confused::confused:
    Doesn't sound like the work of jehovas witnesses to me!

:confused::confused::confused:
    Doesn't sound like the work of jehovas witnesses to me!

You no what I ment!!!! It's the work of bastards
    Whoever does this be they Muslim Christian Jew or fecking Jehovah's Witness whatever deserve and should be blown to bits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Such a disgusting and tragic act, Rest In Peace to everyone involved.

The people carrying out these acts are not doing the will of any god, they are just PURE EVIL. We learn from religion, law and even films the difference between good and evil. No act of violence can ever be justified. Anyone who tries to blame anyone except the people who pull the trigger are idiots and a part of the problem. We shouldn't even have to call these men "Taliban", as if they are fighting for an "ideal" or a "belief"....they are cruel, sadistic, perverted c*nts so drugged up on radical uneducated beliefs that they murder without just cause.

May the killers burn in hell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

While I share your outrage, there is no escaping the fact they are Muslim, their acts are motivated by a belief in Allah.
    They (taliban) are despicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Religion basically, nothing but trouble all throughout history and set our technology and science discovery back 100s of years.

I'm quite critical of Islam but that's total bull, in the first caliphate their understanding of science and medicine was far ahead of the west.
    After the fall of Rome their was no organised learning outside religious organisations, a lot of knowledge would have been lost withoout it. There was also patrianitch of the arts that helped start the renaissance. The father of genetics was also a catholic monk.
    Of course that isn't always the case, but in balance it has not held back science.

Bare in mind, that this school is a 'Public Military school', it has lots of children from high ranking officials in Pakistans army mixed in with other public children. The head of the school is Colonel I believe.

Not a school for military training, just a school for children of military people.

Couldn't agree more, every one of them deserves a horrifically slow and painful death.
    But fact remains it's being done in the name of allah rather than any other so called deity. Best not to gloss over that fact I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They're currently stuck in traffic behind the PC Brigade. Apparently the Liberal Apologists crashed their car on the way over here and it's caused a bit of a jam.

Couldn't agree more, every one of them deserves a horrifically slow and painful death.
    But fact remains it's being done in the name of allah rather than any other so called deity. Best not to gloss over that fact I think.

Wasn't trying to it's quite obvious who these guys are and what they claim to represent but I agree with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

almost 130 reported dead now. Really numbing to read this. The mind just boggles at how someone can so such a thing.

And even worse, there is no reasoning with the bástards that did this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'm not really sure you have any point whatsoever. The Taliban clearly have a support base that agrees with their bolloxology. This is not some sandy hook style loners with a gun fetish bullshít.
    There are people somewhere sitting and watching this and thinking well done. They're deluded fúcking arseholes, but they are there and that fact kind of makes your point, well pointless.

Who do you think NATO were fighting in Afghanistan? This sort of attack (albeit with fewer victims) happened fairly regularly in Kabul but all the time they were killing NATO soldiers they were lauded as freedom fighters by many on this board.

The Taliban are scum, they should be destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

this will mean the end of the Taliban.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    They're currently stuck in traffic behind the PC Brigade. Apparently the Liberal Apologists crashed their car on the way over here and it's caused a bit of a jam.
    The M7 outbound has been a disaster since Newland's X was done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Absolutely sickened by all of this. Poor innocent children :(

Creeping up to 130 people now. I just can't fathom how you can kill a child like this.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

sICKENING
    PzFeed Top News
    @PzFeed
    28 minutes
    Pure terror at Pakistani school as Taliban terrorists set a teacher on fire while making terrified kids watch him burn

The Taliban are scum, they should be destroyed.

I agree with you.
    But if they didn't have a support base they wouldn't exist to need destruction. They have survived a lot of hardship and a very determined attempt to eradicate them. The fact that they still exist means they are someones freedom fighters as opposed to your terrorists (and mine by the way)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Events like this are a good reminder of how lucky we have it here in Ireland.

• Advertisement

bear1 wrote: »
    Creeping up to 130 people now. I just can't fathom how you can kill a child like this.

Extremists do despicable things. Have you seen the footage from the hospital in Yemen? Quite literally tossing hand grenades into a crowd of cowering doctors, nurses, patients and children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

The thing is this type of attack is actually some chickens coming home to roost.
    Pakistan (both politicans and military) has been for far too long a little ambivalent on the taliban.

Remember the taliban was born in Pakistan in the madrassas for Afghan refugees.
    There has always been a belief that the Pakistan Inter-Services Intelligence and the military backed and helped the taliban in the 90s as it took control of Afghanistan.

Remember how osama bin-laden was actually hiding out within a mile of a Pakistan Military Academy in Abbottabad.
    The US didn't dare tell them they were going to attack and take him out for fear that he would be informed and flee.

Pakistan created the genie that is the taliban, but it has come back to bite them hard.
    Sadly it is their kids who are paying the price now.

And yes before anyone has to say it, the US intelligence agencies have a lot to answer for as well.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭DeadHand

sjb25 wrote: »
    these guys are not Muslims they are just fcuking scum like they guy in Sydney need to be blown to bits the lot of them

They are Muslims.

Their actions were inspired by Islam, a narrow and murderous interpretation of Islam, but Islam nonetheless. Exactly like the guy in Sydney.

Demonstrating a willfull blindness to these basic facts may be fashionable, safe and "tolerant" but it's wrong, it's cowardly and does no good to anyone.

sICKENING

That, if true and I''d believe it tbh is just sick. Not one shred of human empathy.
    Events like this are a good reminder of how lucky we have it here in Ireland.

+11111111111 We complain and protest about silly things like water but we have no idea how lucky we are to be in a civilised society.
    Xios wrote: »
    Extremists do despicable things. Have you seen the footage from the hospital in Yemen? Quite literally tossing hand grenades into a crowd of cowering doctors, nurses, patients and children.

Luckily I haven't and after you've said what they did I don't think I'll ever want to see it.
    It is far beyond despicable, it's gut wrenching.

DeadHand wrote: »
    They are Muslims.

Their actions were inspired by Islam, a narrow and murderous interpretation of Islam, but Islam nonetheless. Exactly like the guy in Sydney.

Demonstrating a willfull blindness to these basic facts may be fashionable, safe and "tolerant" but it's wrong, it's cowardly and does no good to anyone.

I'm not being blind I'm trying to make the point they are just fcuking scumbags who are Muslim I don't care what religion they are I may have worded it wrong but I'm sure not all Muslims are like these guys in fact I no that just like all Christians are not like some of the scum that are around that religion the point I'm making is these guys are fcuking scum and should be blown into dust tonight by as many air strikes that can be found

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement