Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new bank card please.....

Options
  • 16-12-2014 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

Ok some background.

I am living in Spain for the year (erasmus). As such i currently have no address in Ireland. 
    My bank card is strating to fall apart and is sometimes being refused in bank machines here which is a right pain.

Having no "home" address in Ireland you will only send my card to the address on the account! great, but im not there.

Can you do any of the following

1) Send the card to another address (obviuosly after some verifications etc, to my girlfriends mothers house)
    2) Send the card to me in Spain (by registered post)
    3) Have the card made and posted to my BOI branch ...i will be home in dublin from the 28th until the 1st so a short window to get it.

At the moment the card I have is just about holding up so no need for it right this minute but if it breaks anymore i could be in serious trouble!

James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Jamesbondings,

Thank you for your query.

When a replacement card is ordered it must be issued to the address we hold on file for you. Unfortunately it is not possible to have this issued to an alternative address or posted to your branch.

If you are a registered user of BOI365 online and currently have your mobile registered to receive security codes, it is possible to update your address via the Online Service Desk which is available when you log online. Alternatively, if you cannot receive security codes by text, it will be necessary to complete the "Notification of change details form" and return to your account holding branch. Branch details can be located here if required.

Once your address is updated, it will then be possible to order your replacement card by contacting our BOI365 Team on 0818 365 365 or via the "Re order ATM or debit card" option through the Online Service Desk.

We hope this information is of benefit to you, if we can assist you with anything else please let us know.

Thanks
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Yea, no help really.

I am now living abroad and closed my phone account therefore have no Irish number! I dont really want to change address as i have no proof of address here. (just renting a room, and also no proof of address in Ireland) How come its not possible to have a card sent to the branch? thats how i got my last one if memory serves me right.

So essentially im stuck, and as soon as this card breaks (which it will) im up poop creak and the bank either cant or wont help me out?

So i should just open a bank account here if i can?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi jamesbondings,

Thanks for coming back to us on this,

For security reasons it is no longer possible to collect your card in a branch. As per our procedures the card must be issued to the address we hold on file.

Should you wish to discuss this further please contact your account holding branch where a representative will be happy to assist you.  Branch contact details can be located here.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

In other words i can't be arsed dealing with you, and I'm not willing to try.

Update, card has broke.......no bank machine will allow me to use it, neither a bank machine or even using the contactless in shops.

Now what BOI?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Update, card has broke.......no bank machine will allow me to use it, neither a bank machine or even using the contactless in shops.

Now what BOI?
    Hi jamesbondings,

Thanks for your post. 

You would need to request a replacement debit card as Paula has mentioned above. You can call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 / 003531 4044000. A representative will be happy to order this for you. 

Alternatively you can order this on Bank of Ireland 365 Online by selecting the Online Service Desk and then the Re order Debit/ATM card option. As Paula has also mentioned, this card will need to be sent out to the address we have on your account. 

If you still need to change your address, please post a Change of Details form to your account holding branch. You can find this form to download and print here.

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

can i change this address to a spanish address? for a short time period, ie 6 months or so?

otherwise im screwed....also what do you need as proof of adress as i have nothing addressed to me here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

can i change this address to a spanish address? for a short time period, ie 6 months or so?

otherwise im screwed....also what do you need as proof of adress as i have nothing addressed to me here?
    Hi jamesbondings,

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes you can certainly amend this to your Spanish address for a short period of time. Please contact your branch in advance of posting this form and a representative can advise you if a proof of address will be needed. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement