Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got an email from WERSWaste, though I'm not a customer - anyone else?

Options
  • 16-12-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I just got an email from a company called WERS Waste. Initially I thought it was spam and almost deleted it before opening.

Turned out it was fairly innocuous, an email about collection times over christmas. The thing is, I'm not, nor have I ever been, a customer of WERS Waste. I'm a customer of Barna Waste. Both companies are based in Galway (although I'm in Sligo) and are competitors.

I replied to the email, asking how they had acquired my email address. Their response:
    The only reason that I could think of is that you used your own email address contacting us at some stage with a query about wherever you may have worked.

I don't work in Waste Management, and I've never even heard of these guys until now. So that's not it.

I can't help shake the feeling that my email address was on a list of barna customers that somehow got leaked and misused by these guys. Has anyone else gotten an email from them? Or anything similar?

Advertisement