Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webmail Problem

Options
  • 16-12-2014 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Hi can someone help with this please.  I'm currently using eircom webmail for business, but my emails are being automatically erased after a day or so, which is proving a nightmare.  Is there some setting can hit to stop this happening?  Sorry, I'm not very computer techincal, but if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

RubyK wrote: »
    Hi can someone help with this please.  I'm currently using eircom webmail for business, but my emails are being automatically erased after a day or so, which is proving a nightmare.  Is there some setting can hit to stop this happening?  Sorry, I'm not very computer techincal, but if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.
    Hi RubyK

That's very odd and I can understand your concern, the best advice I can offer and best route to follow with this is to contact eircoms email support department on 1530277100 (If you are an existing eircom broadband customer you can reach them on 1890260260).

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Hi RubyK

That's very odd and I can understand your concern, the best advice I can offer and best route to follow with this is to contact eircoms email support department on 1530277100 (If you are an existing eircom broadband customer you can reach them on 1890260260).

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan, I have spoken to tech support at Eircom.  It's very strange, and they are a bit baffled by it.  I have an IT guy calling to have a look today.  

Hi RubyK

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan, I have spoken to tech support at Eircom.  It's very strange, and they are a bit baffled by it.  I have an IT guy calling to have a look today.  
    Yes it does sound very odd indeed RubyK

Hope this is resolved for you soon

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Do you have any clients such as Outlook hooked up to your account and you're currently trying to view the email from webmail? 

Some clients actually download the emails and erase them from the server when they're done so if they're in Outlook they may not necessarily be on the email server anymore. 

This might help. 

MrVestek wrote: »
    Do you have any clients such as Outlook hooked up to your account and you're currently trying to view the email from webmail? 

Some clients actually download the emails and erase them from the server when they're done so if they're in Outlook they may not necessarily be on the email server anymore. 

This might help. 
    Thanks for the above advice MrVestek - appreciate your input here

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

This might help. 

Al
    Thanks MrVestek, Outlook hasn't been working, so I've been using Eircom instead.  Yesterdays mails are still there today, but getting someone to install a new version of outlook 2013 today, so hopefully that will be the end of my woes.  Thanks for all the help.

This might help. 

Al
    Thanks MrVestek, Outlook hasn't been working, so I've been using Eircom instead.  Yesterdays mails are still there today, but getting someone to install a new version of outlook 2013 today, so hopefully that will be the end of my woes.  Thanks for all the help.
    Do hope it's sorted for you soon MrVestek -

Al

Advertisement