Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative source for Dataset from Property Price Register

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

o1s1n wrote: »

No joy. Must be the network.
    Will try from different location so.

Cheers

Master of the Universe

Previously this was happening to me, any time I entered the address into my browser it would try to open 'propertypriceregister.ie' - and say the SSL cert had expired.

I got around it was by Googling the website and clicking into a link that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BarneyThomas

I wouldnt trust that property price register anyway.
    I bought an apartment in the first quarter of the year and the price on the property price register is out by €30,000 from what the purchase price was.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I wouldnt trust that property price register anyway.
    I bought an apartment in the first quarter of the year and the price on the property price register is out by €30,000 from what the purchase price was.

As far as I know, the amount is entered via hand at least twice, once to Revenue, once to the PPR. So either your solicitor sent the wrong amount(leaving you liable) or it was entered wrong.

Its still a handy tool though, gives a decent reference and has cut a fair bit of estate agent bull****.

• Advertisement

As far as I know, the amount is entered via hand at least twice, once to Revenue, once to the PPR. So either your solicitor sent the wrong amount(leaving you liable) or it was entered wrong.

Its still a handy tool though, gives a decent reference and has cut a fair bit of estate agent bull****.

Its not the first time it was wrong either. Thats just the highest amount it was out by.
    I also had a purchase last year that was €9000 out.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Idioteque

On the flip side, I have 2 friends who both bought this year and the amount was bang on...

Master of the Universe

Idioteque wrote: »
    On the flip side, I have 2 friends who both bought this year and the amount was bang on...

Everything I've looked up which I've known the selling price for has been accurate too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

All residences I've looked up have been accurate too (and I check 3-4 every day).

All residences I've looked up have been accurate too (and I check 3-4 every day).

Surely you arent privy to 3-4 actual real, verified sale figures every day.
    You must know a lot of rich people :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement