Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many takeaway flyers have I received now?

• 16-12-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭

I've had the second takeaway flyer through my letter box in the past hour - and it's only midday, ffs :mad:

I know the Christmas period has all the vendors promoting like mad, but does anyone ever take stock and think " we're shoving all this junk mail through people's letterboxes at a fierce rate and possibly annoying/alienating them"

I mean - it's daily now and I can't imagine people pay the slightest notice at this stage, except to drop the leaflets into the recycling bin or the fire straightaway.

I often wonder if the cost of printing those leaflets is ever recouped with sales? Chinese, Indian, Thai, Burritos, Kebabs, it's relentless......:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,462 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Stick a "no junk mail please" notice over your letterbox.

Worked a treat for me - a 99.9% reduction in junkmail/recycling-bin-fodder. The very odd one still slips through, but I can handle that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭free_man

Comeon tippman1
    Ireland economy is in dumps.

Printing flyers means job.
    Dropping flyers means more jobs.

You should advocate for more flyers not less !!!! ;-)

I am personally pissed off as well but my little one thinks they are his work related and plays with them for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Same as above use to get a **** load of junk mail stuck a sign up and just one slipped through, and yesterday same fast food guy did it again but i caught him this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭893bet

First world problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I get at least one every day and I wouldnt mind but every single one is the same menu, same prices just different location...complete was of money and time as most are badly run and no longer will eat in some of them cheap pizza places...thanks but no thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Had the same issue, got the no junk mail sign from dealz (€1.49) -> Stuck it to the door -> Problem solved.

(still get the free Limerick Post and Chronicle (which I like though))

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

In our house, they go to the stove. Free heat, but seriously it's a waste of paper.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Worked a treat for me - a 99.9% reduction in junkmail/recycling-bin-fodder. The very odd one still slips through, but I can handle that.

I swear by that also and it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Originally Posted by HeidiHeidi View Post

I swear by that also and it works

Sign gone up since yesterday and so far so good. No menus today :)

Advertisement