Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre upgrade dissapointment

Options
  • 16-12-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

About the 17th November I received a letter stating eFibre was in the area and I was able to upgrade. I rang them up and said I wanted the upgrade. An engineer came around a few days later, and when he left the eFibre was working (and eVision), but to my horror my home phone line was no longer working. This was the start of my BIG problems. I rang up Eircom, and not only did they confirm the account was discontinued, but I would have to get a new phone number!!!! (After having this number for about 25 - 30 years). They said the only way I could possibly get the number back was to cancel everything and restore the 'old' account. They also said it could take upto 2 weeks to get everything back working. I didn't have any choice, so I went with the 2 weeks in the hope I'd get my number back. They cancelled the eFibre etc. and thus left me without anything almost immediately. They did get my old number back which was great. After that I had to ring them for the next step of the process, to get the eFibre back. For some reason they couldn't do it at the exchange and they said they would have to send an engineer out to fix the problem. I had to wait 3 or 4 days and after no one contacting me I rang Eircom again. They said the engineer had been out at the cabinet (roadside) and fixed a problem. Still no DSL LED lighting on my modem/router!!!!! So I rang Eircom again, and they said another engineer would have to go out. Same thing happened - no one got back to me, I rang Eircom yesterday (15th Dec.) and they said the engineer had just finished work and fixed a small problem (another one???). Yet again, I still had no DSL light on my modem. So they said it could be a modem fault, and they sent me a new modem. I received that this morning, which is doing the exact same thing (boots up and I can get into the firmware and change settings etc. But has no DSL or Internet LEDs lighting up on front). I have just come off the phone from Eircom again - yes, they're sending another engineer around which is going to be another 3 or 4 working days. It's absolutely unbelievable.
    One thing I thought it could be was a few years ago an engineer told me I had a seperate number for my broadband (like a standalone number?) which was seperate to my home phone number. Could it be my broadband should be set up on that number? The person in Eircom this afternoon said they didn't see another number in my history. I can't find that number anywhere now.
    Another thing that confuses me is one of the Eircom support people said they could see my modem, and could actually get into it. Can they do this with no DSL showing connected on the modem? Any help or ideas is much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dave_D wrote: »
    About the 17th November I received a letter stating eFibre was in the area and I was able to upgrade. I rang them up and said I wanted the upgrade. An engineer came around a few days later, and when he left the eFibre was working (and eVision), but to my horror my home phone line was no longer working. This was the start of my BIG problems. I rang up Eircom, and not only did they confirm the account was discontinued, but I would have to get a new phone number!!!! (After having this number for about 25 - 30 years). They said the only way I could possibly get the number back was to cancel everything and restore the 'old' account. They also said it could take upto 2 weeks to get everything back working. I didn't have any choice, so I went with the 2 weeks in the hope I'd get my number back. They cancelled the eFibre etc. and thus left me without anything almost immediately. They did get my old number back which was great. After that I had to ring them for the next step of the process, to get the eFibre back. For some reason they couldn't do it at the exchange and they said they would have to send an engineer out to fix the problem. I had to wait 3 or 4 days and after no one contacting me I rang Eircom again. They said the engineer had been out at the cabinet (roadside) and fixed a problem. Still no DSL LED lighting on my modem/router!!!!! So I rang Eircom again, and they said another engineer would have to go out. Same thing happened - no one got back to me, I rang Eircom yesterday (15th Dec.) and they said the engineer had just finished work and fixed a small problem (another one???). Yet again, I still had no DSL light on my modem. So they said it could be a modem fault, and they sent me a new modem. I received that this morning, which is doing the exact same thing (boots up and I can get into the firmware and change settings etc. But has no DSL or Internet LEDs lighting up on front). I have just come off the phone from Eircom again - yes, they're sending another engineer around which is going to be another 3 or 4 working days. It's absolutely unbelievable.
    One thing I thought it could be was a few years ago an engineer told me I had a seperate number for my broadband (like a standalone number?) which was seperate to my home phone number. Could it be my broadband should be set up on that number? The person in Eircom this afternoon said they didn't see another number in my history. I can't find that number anywhere now.
    Another thing that confuses me is one of the Eircom support people said they could see my modem, and could actually get into it. Can they do this with no DSL showing connected on the modem? Any help or ideas is much appreciated.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Dave_D

I am very sorry to hear of these issues and apologise for the disappointing response you've experienced so far. If you could please PM me your eircom account number I will look in to this case further for you.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dave_D

Hi Al,

Thanks for looking into it for me. PM has been sent.

Rgds,
    Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dave_D

Had a guy out this morning. He was working in the cabinet at the roadside. He got it going for me. Apparently there was an incorrectly assigned port in the cabinet. But now all is good again. Thanks Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dave_D wrote: »
    Had a guy out this morning. He was working in the cabinet at the roadside. He got it going for me. Apparently there was an incorrectly assigned port in the cabinet. But now all is good again. Thanks Al.
    Great to hear this Dave_D

Thanks for letting me know.

Al

Advertisement