Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First time ever....help?

• 16-12-2014 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Ok, indirect hot water cylinder, single coil, copper. Approx 1 year old.
    Was working fine, now hot water not heating properly using oil or stove.
    Coil is getting hot, flowing through cylinder, heat transfer does not seem to be happening??? Or is agonisingly slow. On with 2 hours cylinder still not even half heated.
    The cylinder/hot water is not leaking. If I turn on immersion cylinder heats rapidly.

For the first time in my life I'm stumped, thinking maybe lime on coil, but after just 1 year?????

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Is the cylinder bare copper or pre-insulated?
    If you are definitely getting full heat through the pipework on the coil and the cylinder is not heating, it could be one of a couple of things.
    You could have a bad leak on a hot pipe under the floor. This can be checked by ensuring all taps etc are off then check the attic tank to see if it is constantly filling.
    While you are at the attic tank, check that the expansion pipe has not dropped into the water. If this has happened it can mix cold water into the hot water supply pipework.
    If its not that, then partially drain the cylinder, remove the immersion and visually inspect the coil for scale build-up.

Advertisement