Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation of Account & Dispute of Contract Duration

Options
  • 16-12-2014 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

REF: Eircom Account <snip>
    To whom it may concern,

I am writing to request cancellation of our account no <snip>, with effect from 30th January 2015. This account was opened in February 2014 as a residential account under a 12 month contact.
    Subsequently we were advised that eFibre was available in our area and at that time the account was then upgraded to an eFibre Business account. At no time did we agree to a further 12 month contract or extension to our contract and similarly we were not advised of such.
    As tenants we are out of lease with effect from 1st February 2015 and would not have at any time wished to or indicated an intent to extend a contract with Eircom beyond 1st February 2015.
    At this point I wish to confirm that the account should be closed and I would additionally like to dispute the need for payment of a breach of contract fee.
    I would appreciate if your service team can review calls and correspondence and confirm that at not time did I agree to an extension of contract beyond February 2015.

Note that I have also forwarded written correspondence to your offices today and spoke to a representative of your Business Team, whom sadly was less than helpful. When I queried if the account number had changed when the upgrade took place the attitude I was met with was nothing short of hostile, to the point where I was questioned as to 'why I would want to know'! I suggest that Eircom review their customer service charter with a view to putting the customer first!

Regards

Emma

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

dialemma wrote: »
    REF:                       Eircom Account <snip>
    To whom it may concern,

I am writing to request cancellation of our account no <snip>, with effect from 30th January 2015.  This account was opened in February 2014 as a residential account under a 12 month contact.  
    Subsequently we were advised that eFibre was available in our area and at that time the account was then upgraded to an eFibre Business account. At no time did we agree to a further 12 month contract or extension to our contract and similarly we were not advised of such.  
    As tenants we are out of lease with effect from 1st February 2015 and would not have at any time wished to or indicated an intent to extend a contract with Eircom beyond 1st February 2015.
    At this point I wish to confirm that the account should be closed and I would additionally like to dispute the need for payment of a breach of contract fee.
    I would appreciate if your service team can review calls and correspondence and confirm that at not time did I agree to an extension of contract beyond February 2015.

Note that I have also forwarded written correspondence to your offices today and spoke to a representative of your Business Team, whom sadly was less than helpful.  When I queried if the account number had changed when the upgrade took place the attitude I was met with was nothing short of hostile, to the point where I was questioned as to 'why I would want to know'!  I suggest that Eircom review their customer service charter with a view to putting the customer first!

Regards

Emma
    Hello Emma,

If you would like to PM me the account number I can advise on the situation surrounding the contract however we will be unable to accept your post here as a written request to cease service with eircom.

Please PM me your eircom account number & I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dialemma

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to request cancellation of our account no <snip>, with effect from 30th January 2015.  This account was opened in February 2014 as a residential account under a 12 month contact.  

Note that I have also forwarded written correspondence to your offices today and spoke to a representative of your Business Team, whom sadly was less than helpful.  When I queried if the account number had changed when the upgrade took place the attitude I was met with was nothing short of hostile, to the point where I was questioned as to 'why I would want to know'!  I suggest that Eircom review their customer service charter with a view to putting the customer first!

Regards

Emma
    Hello Emma,

If you would like to PM me the account number I can advise on the situation surrounding the contract however we will be unable to accept your post here as a written request to cease service with eircom.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi, have pm'd account number. Also to note that the new tenants do wish to maintain the line as they are porting a connection to SKY from their old property.

To whom it may concern,

Regards

Emma
    Hello Emma,

Thanks
    Al
    Hi, have pm'd account number. Also to note that the new tenants do wish to maintain the line as they are porting a connection to SKY from their old property.

Hello dialemma

I can confirm that your contract is due to expire on the 20/7/2015. The contract was renewed when the efibre upgrade occurred. As I have advised above notification to cease service cannot be made here and should you wish to request closure of this account you will need to contact eircoms business centre on free phone 1800601701. You will also be able to lodge an official complaint with the business centre should you wish to challenge the contract duration.

thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dialemma

Hi 

All has now been resolved, noted thanks to Amy Kelly who was extremely helpful.  It has been confirmed that account will be closed without an early closure fee as we were not advised at time of upgrade to eFibre that there would be an implication to the duration of our contract.  

Emma 

Hi 

All has now been resolved, noted thanks to Amy Kelly who was extremely helpful.  It has been confirmed that account will be closed without an early closure fee as we were not advised at time of upgrade to eFibre that there would be an implication to the duration of our contract.  

Emma 
    Hi dialemma

I'll make sure your feedback reaches Amys department.

Thank you
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement